Mocked if you don't like it.

JetsandI

Did you already purchase a matching family or couple pajamas?  

1. 1. Did you already purchase a matching family or couple pajamas?

• Done and can't wait to get picture.
    • Scoff.....What the F?

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what will be of Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh after this year but hell with them. Jets suffered 4 losses by at least 20 points. Giants have 3. Titans have 2. Bears suffer once. Chargers have 1 but their HC was fired due to poor management. Out of 5-9 teams, Jets are currently the worst team. I would say to hell with Douglas and Saleh.

GM:

Glenn Cook (Browns AGM/VPPP). Appointed but needs a salary cap guru.

Mike Borgonzi (Chiefs AGM).

Ed Dodds (Colts AGM).

HC with Ben Johnson taking Chargers job:

Brian Callahan (Bengals OCt). Appointed and retained defense coaches. Will call plays.

Dave Canales (Buccaneers OC).

Steve Wilks (49ers DC).

New positional coaches as Big Deal:

OL: Scott Peters (Browns AOL). Works under Brian’s dad who is one of best OL coaches in NFL history.

OCt/QB: Josh McCown (Panthers QB). Needs his aggressive attitude infection for QB room.

FA strikeouts:

LT Jonah Williams: Chiefs

OT Trent Browns: Patriots

OL Mike Onwenu: Patriots

RG Kevin Zeitler: Bears

OG Coleman Shelton: Rams

WR Tee Higgins: Bengals (Ftag)

WR Mike Evans: Buccaneers

WR Michael Pittman Jr: Colts

QB Sam Darnold: Vikings

QB Drew Lock: Seahawks

QB Baker Mayfield: Buccaneers

QB Gardner Minshew: Colts

QB Jameis Winston: Titans

QB Kirk Cousins: Patriots

QB Ryan Tannehill: Retired

Edge Danielle Hunter: Cardinals

Edge Chase Young: Ravens

FA Losses:

Edge Bryce Huff: Bears

S Jordan Whitehead: Eagles

FA gains:

WR Tyler Boyd for 3 years

RG Graham Glasgow for 2 years

DT Quinton Jefferson for 2 years

SS Chuck Clark for 1 year

RT Chris Hubbard for 1 year

LT Tyron Smith for 1 year

Trade Away:

LG Laken Tomlinson: Commanders for 6th round pick

QB Zach Wilson: Cardinals for 6th round pick and QB Clayton Tune

2024 Draft Event:

6. Jets - Traded to Saints - QB Jayden Daniels, LSU. For 1.14 and 2.46 among next year's 1st.

Both Joe Alt and Olu Fashanu are taken.

14. Jets - RT Amarius Mims, Georgia or Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State or JC Latham, Alabama.

Either one of them is okay with me. Personally, I may go with Fuaga there. I still dont' trust UGA's OL but new HC/OC and OL may make it possible for Mims. As right now, Latham is standing out as 355+ lb and I am not crazy about taking one in 1st. NFL Combine Weigh In measurement will provide more concrete information. For me, Fuaga is edging others at the moment.

2-46. Jets - LT Troy Fautanu, Washington.

Thank God! He and Jordan Morgan are gunning for 1st round value. Both have strong pass protecting skill but are dealing with some issue in run blocking skill. That is okay as long as ZBS is in good harmony. I think Fautanu has better athleticism upside so I go with him.

3-73. Jets - C Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon.

Last year, Jets got cute with OT depth when Duane Brown was recovering from major injury and Mehki Becton was working on his way back to playing on field. It was vastly catastrophic. This time Jets have Alijah Vera Tucker returning to LG from major injury and aging Glasgow at RG so Jets need to get IOL with high upside. In near future, Joe Tippmann may move to RG to make room for JPJ at Center.

4-108. Jets - WR Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky.

He is short in height but has visibly long arms. Very good hands and breaking tackles. He will need to learn more routes to run at next level to be very poised RAC threat.

5-115. Jets - TE Dallin Holker, Colorado State.

He already served the mormom missionary so he is an older prospect. He made excellent demonstration as a receiver this year after being used sparsely for BYU. He isn't afraid to run across the LB area so I dig here.

6-180. DT Justin Rogers, Auburn. (Solid Run Stuffing Ability)

6-182. Edge Khalid Duke, Kansas State (Solid package to upgrade the loss of Bryce Huff)

6-197. S Akeem Dent, Florida State (Bolster S room)

7-252. P Tory Taylor, Iowa (Very powerful leg but needs to work on directional ability)

7-253. QB Davius Richard, North Carolina Central ( HBCU top prospect; Dual Threat; Practice Squad)

Post Draft Event:

QB Davis Mills is traded to Jets for 2025's 3rd round pick.

I would expect Texans to go with Stroud and Keenum for 2024 and 2025 so Mills should be easily available.

Just Sign a bunch of UDFA to fill out lower spots, PK and Gunner. It doesn't matter who.

Offense Depth Chart (25):

LT: Tyron Smith, Jon Fautanu, Carter Warren (G)

LG: Alijah Vera Tucker

OC: Joe Tippmann (RG), Jackson Power Johnson

RG: Graham Glasgow

RT: Chris Hubbard, Taliese Fuaga, Max Mitchell (G)

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Davis Mills, Clayton Tune

RB: Breece Hall, Israel Abanikanda, Up for grab

FB: Nick Bawden

TE: Tyler Conklin, Jeremy Ruckert, Dallin Holker

WR: Garrett Wilson, Tyler Boyd, Allen Lazard, Xavier Gipson, Malachi Corley, Jason Brownlee

Defense Depth Chart (20):

RE: Jermaine Johnson (LB), Will McDonad (LE/LB), Khalid Duke

DT: Quinnen Williams, Micheal Clemons (DE)

DT: Quinton Jefferson, Justin Rogers (NT)

LE: John Franklin Myers, Up for grab (DT)

WLB: Quincy Williams, Jamien Sherwood (MLB)

MLB: CJ Mosley, Zaire Barnes (WLB), Up for grab (WLB)

CB: Sauce Gardner, DJ Reed, Jarrick Bernard-Converse (S), Michael Carter, Brandin Echols

FS: Tony Adams, Up for grab (CB)

SS: Chuck Clark, Akeem Dent (FS)

Special Unit (2):

LS: Thomas Hennessy

P: Troy Taylor

K: Up for grab

G: Up for grab

Edited by JetsandI

Well done sir. I might be a little miffed if we let Zuerlein and Morstead walk. Resign them. We have been seeking stable PK and P for a long time. Why lose that?

Also, is McCown the best choice for OC? Perhaps as QB coach with a more experienced positional coach for OC. 

• Like 1

Well done, Jetsandl. This is certainly better than staying the course and hoping for a 40-year-old miracle worker.

I have a few little gripes, but nothing too major. For head coach, I would prefer Eric Bieniemy or Brian Johnson (the Eagles OC). I would also kick the tires on an NCAA coach or two. Who knows if any of this is even possible with Rodgers, but I would like to see it. I honestly don't think there are very many teams who want Rodgers at this point. You have to give us a first-round pick; you have a great QB but also the mother of all egos; you have a QB whose mobility was starting to suffer due to father time who is now coming off a very serious Achilles injury; and of course, with Rodgers it is his way or the highway. Not too many GMs/coaches/owners desperate enough to want to deal with that. David Tepper in Carolina seems like that type, but he has Bryce Young. Would the Panthers want to try to do what we just tried to do? Bench your young high draft pick in favor of Rodgers? LOL. Good luck with that. Would Arthur Blank go for it? I think the Jets have Rodgers where we want him, I would not cave in to his demands if he insists on running it back. What is the worst that can happen? Things get worse??? LOL Bring it on.

One small comment about the FA strikeouts: I don't believe Gardner Minshew II is returning to Indy. He has played well enough this season to start somewhere else. And I am pretty sure the Colts are committed to Anthony Richardson. 

I love the draft you came up with. Lots of offensive linemen and a developmental QB for the practice squad. I highly doubt the Cardinals would be crazy enough to trade Tune and a sixth for Wilson, but I would take it and run! I also doubt we can get a draft pick for Tomlinson, but I would love that. Not a fan of drafting another tight end. Conklin and Ruckert are fine, and we can find depth in the FA bin. I also don't want to replace/draft a kicker or punter. I want the two veterans back. Stability, finally. 

I feel like this is a pipe dream, overall. That we could clean house, start fresh AND still have Aaron Rodgers under center. But as long as it is possible, I will continue to dream the impossible dream right along with you!

Well done!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm so against letting Bryce Huff walk that I can't see past it.

sign him to a one year extension and trade him for a high pick this year. The Jets are loaded at ER and he is a specialty player, not like JJ who does everything well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It is not insane. We need to allocate fewer dollars to edge rushers and more dollars to fix the offense. Also, we need a run-stuffing nose tackle WAY more than we need another edge rusher.

Would you prefer to trade Will McDonald or Jermaine Johnson? I would not.

This is probably the first year we have a pass rush thanks to our depth and you want to give that up to cap room for an NT? We can likely sign a 300 gap eater without any issue in FA or draft one. But it's going to be more expensive and much harder to replace Huff's production.

17 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is probably the first year we have a pass rush thanks to our depth and you want to give that up to cap room for an NT? We can likely sign a 300 gap eater without any issue in FA or draft one. But it's going to be more expensive and much harder to replace Huff's production.

Agreed. 30+ yo big boy run stuffers are always available and often very inexpensive. The last time we had a guy like Huff was John Abraham, who we dealt away and then spent a boat load of high draft picks trying to replace. We finally get a guy and the plan is to get rid of him? On a defense that relies heavily on having quality depth at the edge rush positions? 

Keep Huff. Let him, McDonald and JJ rotate. If McDonald justified his draft position in the next two years you can look at moving Huff, but not until then.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

Agreed. 30+ yo big boy run stuffers are always available and often very inexpensive. The last time we had a guy like Huff was John Abraham, who we dealt away and then spent a boat load of high draft picks trying to replace. We finally get a guy and the plan is to get rid of him? On a defense that relies heavily on having quality depth at the edge rush positions? 

Keep Huff. Let him, McDonald and JJ rotate. If McDonald justified his draft position in the next two years you can look at moving Huff, but not until then.

How do we afford him?  We only have $16M and with cuts maybe $30M. Huff will command probably $15M. We need about $7M for draft class. Assuming we have $8M left for FA, how are we then getting a good starting OG and WR and backup QB?

Unless, of course, restructures take place leaving us heading towards cap hell in a couple of years. I hate restructures and void years. It is the true mark of a desperate GM.

18 hours ago, xrade said:

How do we afford him?  We only have $16M and with cuts maybe $30M. Huff will command probably $15M. We need about $7M for draft class. Assuming we have $8M left for FA, how are we then getting a good starting OG and WR and backup QB?

Unless, of course, restructures take place leaving us heading towards cap hell in a couple of years. I hate restructures and void years. It is the true mark of a desperate GM.

Not only this point, but also why are we spending FIRST-round draft capital on edge rushers if we need expensive backups? That is ***-backwards roster building. The guys you pick in the first round on the edge are not supposed to provide the depth. They are supposed to get the majority of the sacks. Nick Bosa gets the sacks for the Niners, not Kerry Hyder and Charles Omenihu. OK, we have a GREAT backup situational pass rusher. Awesome. How does he help Aaron Rodgers overcome a flawed GM, a bad head coach and a historically bad offensive coordinator? Not to mention a terrible offensive line and a one-dimensional passing offense?

Again, the only area of concern on defense is the inability to stop the run with consistency. Probably because we don't have a DJ Reader or some such.

2 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Again, the only area of concern on defense is the inability to stop the run with consistency. Probably because we don't have a DJ Reader or some such.

That and the style of D we employ. It is an attacking D designed to prevent big pass plays. We rarely stack the box to defend the run and I doubt Saleh wants a one dimensional run stuffing NT that will get little playing time on the roster.

I am good with that because our D is good enough as it is in getting us to a championship. Assuming we even had a medium that is. 

On 12/23/2023 at 2:38 PM, xrade said:

The cap isn’t real. JD will find a way. And $15M for an edge is a steal.