Week #16 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness, a lot of people were acting like Dallas was fraudulent before this game. This just helped keep that opinion for them

But.. how? It’s nothing more than the desire to see them fail, and we don’t keep this same energy for anyone else. I mean they lost by 2 points on the road to a good team.. let alone a great home team. It’d be one thing if they weren’t competitive, but they were obviously on the same level. This is the first time that Dallas has lost 2 games in a row since 2020, and it was a close loss vs a strong team. I guess the 49ers are fraudulent because of the 3 game losing streak they had earlier? 

Edited by NoFlyZone

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

I wasn’t treating them like a bottom feeder. Still not on the same level as Dallas.. at all.

Meh idk…TB has been on fire. They literally lost Brady so people assumed they would be awful. Baker has been statistically just as good as last year Brady. TB is good.

Dallas is talented, but lacks “it.” They are heading for a disappointing post-season methinks. 

• Like 1

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

But.. how? It’s nothing more than the desire to see them fail, and we don’t keep this same energy for anyone else. I mean they lost by 2 points on the road to a good team.. let alone a great home team. It’d be one thing if they weren’t competitive, but they were obviously on the same level. 

It's because they are a good team, but they are trapped between super bowl contender and playoff contender. Nobody keeps this energy for the five win teams either. 

Dallas wants to be taken seriously as a super bowl contender, not the Minnesota Vikings and Titans of the last five years (sorry for the strays, Vikings and Tennessee fans). But when they have the opportunity to climb above that tier, they've struggled. 

I mean, don't get it twisted, people will also just hate on the cowboys to hate on the cowboys as well. That goes without saying and exacerbates the status issue

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Meh idk…TB has been on fire. They literally lost Brady so people assumed they would be awful. Baker has been statistically just as good as last year Brady. TB is good.

Dallas is talented, but lacks “it.” They are heading for a disappointing post-season methinks. 

If by that you mean losing to the Niners for the 3rd year in a row, I don’t necessarily disagree. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's because they are a good team, but they are trapped between super bowl contender and playoff contender. Nobody keeps this energy for the five win teams either. 

Dallas wants to be taken seriously as a super bowl contender, not the Minnesota Vikings and Titans of the last five years (sorry for the strays, Vikings and Tennessee fans). But when they have the opportunity to climb above that tier, they've struggled. 

I mean, don't get it twisted, people will also just hate on the cowboys to hate on the cowboys as well. That goes without saying and exacerbates the status issue

I don’t disagree, but mostly just in the sense that they haven’t quite had the consistent dominance of a team like the Niners. Again, though, Miami is fantastic at home and Dallas only narrowly lost. I don’t know that this was an example of Dallas being limited. 

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They should hang a banner.

"we rarely lose 2 in a row before getting sent home in the playoffs" 

This wasn’t a brag, but it isn’t exactly shocking that you’d misunderstand. It was simply about this loss not being much of a negative indicator.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I absolutely loathe Dallas. That said, I don’t think my analysis of them is off. They’re good enough to beat anyone in a blowout. However, they’re mentally soft and could lose to legitimately anyone. Zero confidence that they can string together several wins against playoff teams. 

• Like 1