QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

20 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I can't imagine there will be a very long line of teams waiting to sign Wilson, honestly.

So yeah, maybe he'll get an offer above the minimum from somebody, but I can't imagine many teams are going to be fighting each other to break the bank for Russ after these last couple of seasons.

(And yes, I know that's a strong argument as to why we shouldn't sign the guy.)

13 hours ago, NickButera said:

He can't double dip (be paid twice) due to the way his current contract is formed, so I read. There were some articles stating that his current contact, while much is still guaranteed, is offset by whatever he gets in his new contract. So if for example, he's owed 40 mil next year and a new team gives him 20, Denver only owes him 20. If the new team pays him 5, Denver owes him 35.  His money is fixed. 

Some team isn't going to offer him more than he his currently owed (40 mil for next year if he's a post June 1 cut, and 80 mil if they come out and just cut him).... A team would have to practically make him one of the highest paid QBs in the league for him to actually come out in this situation with more $. It's a scenario thats too outlandish to actually happen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/03/russell-wilson-broncos-contract-ultimatum-benching#:~:text=On the cash side%2C Wilson,release—some of that number.

His money is set in stone, he really gets to choose where he wants to play next year already knowing what he'll make. And if he really wants to stick it to Denver he just takes the vet min for two years and then take a mediocre sized salary afterwards

well i may be completely wrong!
thats a crazy contract clause by Den... thought stuff like that only happened in trades.

again I dont want Russ, but if tht is true getting him for vet min would def make it easier to swallow!

On 2/8/2024 at 10:04 AM, BackinBlack said:

thats a crazy contract clause by Den... thought stuff like that only happened in trades.

It's common. And it is worse the other way. 

The Denver deal contains offset language. If a team cuts someone with a guaranteed salary, but that person signs with another team, whatever salary they get elsewhere offsets what the team owes. So, when Wilson signs for 2 mill  this spring, DEN owes him 2 mill less.

Whereas, if there is NO offset language in the contract, then Wilson gets his full 38 mill or whatever, and ALSO gets whatever deal he can make. If Wilsn's deal contained NO offsets, he could have probably gotten 15+ mill this spring on TOP of the 38 mill from DEN. 

If anything, Wilson's agent screwed up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

This is why a fanbase is a joke at times. At this point you gotta realize it was the Chiefs shooting themselves in the foot a lot of that game. Defense made plays but this was just like the Jets game.

Awful take. The Raiders were hungrier and made more plays than the Chiefs. Contrary to popular belief, you are allowed to give credit to the Raiders.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Facts AOC and AP new TB12 and BB Jr

Ok we don’t need to go that far little buddy. Patience. Let’s see it play out with AP. I’m confident AOC will not be our QB1 this year unless there’s an injury or if a rookie needs a little more time to develop.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Ok we don’t need to go that far little buddy. Patience. Let’s see it play out with AP. I’m confident AOC will not be our QB1 this year unless there’s an injury or if a rookie needs a little more time to develop.

He's good enough to beat Mahomes he may be the next TB12. And as you guys have all explained, AP might be the GOAT already. Im juiced

2 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Awful take. The Raiders were hungrier and made more plays than the Chiefs. Contrary to popular belief, you are allowed to give credit to the Raiders.

Credit for what? The Broncos beat the Chiefs 24-9, and the Chiefs lost 6 games this year. They were playing down to their opponents during the regular season because they had nothing to prove and were coming off a Super Bowl win. Like great teams do, they turned it up when it mattered. The only reason it's a proud win for the Raiders is because the Chiefs are great and the Raiders are not. The Bills don't care about their regular season win against the Chiefs, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Credit for what? The Broncos beat the Chiefs 24-9, and the Chiefs lost 6 games this year. They were playing down to their opponents during the regular season because they had nothing to prove and were coming off a Super Bowl win. Like great teams do, they turned it up when it mattered. The only reason it's a proud win for the Raiders is because the Chiefs are great and the Raiders are not. The Bills don't care about their regular season win against the Chiefs, that's for sure.

Get off your high horse. The Raiders beat the Chiefs in convincing fashion. I’m not trying to make it more or nothing less. I was responding to the lazy take that the Chiefs didn’t play to their best ability on Christmas this year. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Get off your high horse. The Raiders beat the Chiefs in convincing fashion. I’m not trying to make it more or nothing less. I was responding to the lazy take that the Chiefs didn’t play to their best ability on Christmas this year. 

They didn't. They obviously didn't.

44 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

And we did it without arguably our best olineman, starting rb, starting te iirc. And we had our third string qb and a oc who’s got a handful of games under his belt. And with the mf people here love to hate pierce as hc. 

• Like 6