QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

He's never really been that good.  Definitely wasn't worth a first-round pick IMO.  Also, he's only been in the league for 4 years.  Lol.  But I get where you're coming from.

I like Jeudy he has just been plagued with bad QB play his entire career, he's like a lesser Amari COoper

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Jeudy he has just been plagued with bad QB play his entire career, he's like a lesser Amari COoper

I don’t think Jeudy is as bad as some make it out to be. He just wasn’t worth his draft slot. He’d be a prime candidate for a change of scenery boost imo. 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Let's hope Simms isn't just going heavy on the crack pipe these days. Maye at 13 would be incredible............

Disclaimer: I think Simms is smoking crack

Simms isn't on crack. He is going for clickbait.

That said, I do have Caleb as QB6. But that is only due to perceived attitude / maturity issues. I usually rate QBs based on how well I think they can throw a ball.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

I don’t think Jeudy is as bad as some make it out to be. He just wasn’t worth his draft slot. He’d be a prime candidate for a change of scenery boost imo. 

I think he can be a high end #2 if he ends up in the right offense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think he can be a high end #2 if he ends up in the right offense. 

Agreed. He has worth just not at what the Broncos drafted him to be. 

Edited by FloydFan

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Agreed. He has worth just not at what the Broncos drafted him to be. 

It's hard to really put that on him though, their pass game has been abysmal. If he were with someone like Mahomes or Allen he'd be balling

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's hard to really put that on him though, their pass game has been abysmal. If he were with someone like Mahomes or Allen he'd be balling

Agreed. I think he’d be a perfect safety valve in an offense with a competent QB. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Let's hope Simms isn't just going heavy on the crack pipe these days. Maye at 13 would be incredible............

Simms is always doing this for attention. His takes and YouTube channel are bad. Simms and Torio always clowning the Raiders anyways. Funny when Maxx punked him. 

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Sims clarified (more like expanded on his thoughts) on the Dan Patrick radio show this morning, and his argument was very persuasive.  It was essentially, for as good as he has been hyped and his stats were, he made a vastly larger percentage of WTF plays than anyone else. And it's not even close. Saying that he could be good 2-3 years from now but needs a ton of development before he should start because of the frequency of those plays that occur every game. He used the game against Syracuse as an example, yes he threw for 440 yards, but it should have easily been over 700. He missed so many throws, misplaced so many throws, had so many should be INT's, ...etc, that wouldn't have flown in the NFL.  Saying there's simply too many flaws in his decision making, mechanics, execution etc. 

Again, this is just a basic summary of what I heard him say this morning. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Sims clarified (more like expanded on his thoughts) on the Dan Patrick radio show this morning, and his argument was very persuasive.  It was essentially, for as good as he has been hyped and his stats were, he made a vastly larger percentage of WTF plays than anyone else. And it's not even close. Saying that he could be good 2-3 years from now but needs a ton of development before he should start because of the frequency of those plays that occur every game. He used the game against Syracuse as an example, yes he threw for 440 yards, but it should have easily been over 700. He missed so many throws, misplaced so many throws, had so many should be INT's, ...etc, that wouldn't have flown in the NFL.  Saying there's simply too many flaws in his decision making, mechanics, execution etc. 

Interesting. If this is true, then he may be on to something.

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That's encouraging. He won't fall to 13 but it would be great if he did as I think Maye and Williams are the two best QBs in this draft even though Caleb seems like a dbag. Only thing is he could've said that about every single QB prospect so I'm curious why he's focusing this on Maye and punishing him as a result

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I think he'll still ultimately be the 2nd QB off of the board because of the physical tools and upside. But I was honestly surprised at how much hate Caleb got throughout the season while Maye was pretty meh and a lot of people just hyped him up as the best QB in the class.

53 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Sims clarified (more like expanded on his thoughts) on the Dan Patrick radio show this morning, and his argument was very persuasive.  It was essentially, for as good as he has been hyped and his stats were, he made a vastly larger percentage of WTF plays than anyone else. And it's not even close. Saying that he could be good 2-3 years from now but needs a ton of development before he should start because of the frequency of those plays that occur every game.

This makes sense, and if you are trying to pick out who is gonna be a massive bust, he's probably a good bet, because he could never smarten up, or he could go to a clown organization. 

But I don't care about bad decisions as much as all that. There's a lot of risk takers in the Hall of Fame. 

And Maye also has a TON of big time throws. You may be able to teach Maye to take the safer pass more often. In fact, you should assume you can coach him up. That sounds easier than trying to teach Bo Nix to throw the ball like Maye. 

I definitely think teams QB boards are all over the place, but I find it hard to believe many/any teams have Nix over Maye. 

• Like 1