QB Options 2024

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Why is Jimmy still on the roster

We have to wait until the new league year starts because that's when his suspension officially goes into effect and voids his guaranteed money.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Conveniently left out limiting the Dolphins when they were firing on all cylinders and laying a beat down on Mahomes lol

Miami lost Tyreek Hill that game. He is their cylinder. And a one off game against the Chiefs is what got him the job. Getting 2 defensive TDs isn't a sustainable way to beat KC who blew them out earlier in the season.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We have to wait until the new league year starts because that's when his suspension officially goes into effect and voids his guaranteed money.

Was wondering this myself. Thanks for the info

I don't think we will be able to trade into the top 3 for one of the big 3 QB prospects. I don't think JJ gets past 8, and I'm not trading up for a Day2 prospect. Pennix and Nix are reaches at 13. Both are Day2 prospects. That leaves us with free agent options: We should reach out to Baker/Cousins. There are 6 other free agent options so I'll rank them

• 1- Sam Darnold - 1-2 have untapped potential 
  • 2- Jameis Winston
  • 3- Russ Wilson - 3-6 could be a stop gap with NFL experience and battle AOC for starting spots 
  • 4- Jacoby Brissett-  
  • 5- Carson Wentz -
  • 6- Marcus Mariota -

other trade targets: Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Malik Willis, Sam Howell 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think we will be able to trade into the top 3 for one of the big 3 QB prospects. I don't think JJ gets past 8, and I'm not trading up for a Day2 prospect. Pennix and Nix are reaches at 13. Both are Day2 prospects. That leaves us with free agent options: We should reach out to Baker/Cousins. There are 6 other free agent options so I'll rank them

• 2- Jameis Winston
  • 3- Russ Wilson - 3-6 could be a stop gap with NFL experience and battle AOC for starting spots 
  • 4- Jacoby Brissett-  
  • 5- Carson Wentz -
  • 6- Marcus Mariota -

All of those dudes are terrible

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

• 2- Jameis Winston
  • 4- Jacoby Brissett-  
  • 5- Carson Wentz -
  • 6- Marcus Mariota -

We would never win more than 4 games if you were managing this team. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

no one cares about your opinion. We are stuck with those options. Cutting DC was a bad move. 

We won 6 games with DC in 2022 and 8 games with basically the same team and a mid round rookie in 2023.

How often does signing a mid-tier journeyman QB work out for teams? Basically never. We need to draft someone and build around them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• 2- Jameis Winston
  • 4- Jacoby Brissett-  
  • 5- Carson Wentz -
  • 6- Marcus Mariota -

No matter how many different times and ways you try to present Sam Darnold, nobody is buying that bum. I guess when you think average is great (Carr), you're naive enough to think awful can be average.

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• 2- Jameis Winston
  • 4- Jacoby Brissett-  
  • 5- Carson Wentz -
  • 6- Marcus Mariota -

What about Zach Wilson from the Jets? He’s rumoured to be on the trade block, Mac Jones deal is probably bad news for the Jets tbh in terms of price. Jets may even cut him. If we can’t trade up or the price is too high I’d maybe kick the tyres of Wilson and have him compete with AOC whilst we bolster the roster. 

Obviously a lot depends on the price of trading up and who for. 

Edited by Dessie