Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

18 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Who cares what position you think Minkah Fitzpatrick should play the guy is a great football player that this team current lacks. He would transform the back end of our defense. We have the anti-Barkley sentiment and now I am starting to see more and more - not so sure - about Minkah Fitzpatrick post. It is like Browns fans are afraid of great players.

There's not an anti Barkley sentiment at all, there's an anti running back at 4 sentiment.

No one is down on Minkah either, just pointing out potential issues. 

Everyone sitting here gargling the top prospects sacks for 5 months doesn't make for very lively or interesting conversation.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Everyone sitting here gargling the top prospects sacks for 5 months doesn't make for very lively or interesting conversation.

Honestly Edgar Allen Poe has nothing on you. You can sure paint a picture with that imagery. I laughed pretty hard. Well done sir.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There's not an anti Barkley sentiment at all, there's an anti running back at 4 sentiment.

No one is down on Minkah either, just pointing out potential issues. 

I don't want the Browns to be interesting I want them to be right. Getting it right would be finally taking the best of the best(Minkah or Barkley) Mind was not the first to post something questioning Minkah.

Trade down to 9 and take Barkley then? He won't be there he will be long gone to a team that is going to make the right choice.

I noticed you in the other thread liking the idea of Ward at #4. We either just don't agree on anything when it comes to football players or you were fishing bc you saw my debate with another poster a few days ago(A good debate too, refreshing to be able to not agree with something and still not be insulted the entire debate).

2 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I don't want the Browns to be interesting I want them to be right. Getting it right would be finally taking the best of the best(Minkah or Barkley) Mind was not the first to post something questioning Minkah.

Don't worry darling, a bunch of bros having a discussion on a forum isn't going to impact the Browns front office and their selections.

Trade down to 9 and take Barkley then? He won't be there he will be long gone to a team that is going to make the right choice.

K

I noticed you in the other thread liking the idea of Ward at #4. We either just don't agree on anything when it comes to football players or you were fishing bc you saw my debate with another poster a few days ago(A good debate too, refreshing to be able to not agree with something and still not be insulted the entire debate).

Yes, that's what I'm doing, trying to bait the new old guy with the bad takes into an argument. 

If you feel you're being insulted, bring it up with freaky or zel.  If not, buck up buttercup.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don't worry darling, a bunch of bros having a discussion on a forum isn't going to impact the Browns front office and their selections.

K

Yes, that's what I'm doing, trying to bait the new old guy with the bad takes into an argument. 

If you feel you're being insulted, bring it up with freaky or zel.  If not, buck up buttercup.

Don't be so sure hun, didn't a homeless man cause us to draft Johnny Addict?

I didn't really say you were fishing I was more saying that we clearly do not see eye to eye on talent whatsoever.

I'm not even worried about it. When football is not involved we actually seem to communicate respectfully we just don't agree on much when it comes to football.

On 12/28/2017 at 1:44 AM, BleedTheClock said:

No, and finding a penetrating DT is the last thing we should be worried about. We have several young players that can do that. Ogunjobi and Coley are excellent athletes that can rush, and Brantley was my top rated UT last year. We need another pure edge rusher, but more for depth than anything else. If there was an undeniable superstar sitting atop the draft, I'd take him even if he were a pass rusher...but I don't see that guy. I think Chubb is going to be very good, but he isn't on the same level as Garrett or Bosa from years past.

Okay so Im looking for a Von Miller type then. Pass rushing OLB. Do you think Chubb compares to a Vic Beasley? It would be great to have Garrett, Ogbah and a speed rusher OLB.

Still at the end of the day, the Browns are taking a QB with one of the picks and I think Fitzpatrick would be a perfect fit that fills a much larger need. Might have to wait until the 2nd round for a speed rusher. 

If the Browns go 

1- Mayfield/Darnold

1-Mincah Fitzpatrick

2.Speed Rusher

2.Runningback

2.Offensive Tackle

Watching the Memphis Iowa st game mainly to watch Riley Ferguson. This Allen Lazard kid is pretty impressive. Probably a nice possession guy in the nfl. Also Iowa States qb is Kyle Kempt from Massillon HS.  He’s not too bad a qb. Definitely rooting for him. 

Still really like Ferguson. 

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Lamar Jackson looked like a hot garbage, no awareness HS QB today. His best bet is to switch positions. 

Did you happen to listen to the radio today and all the ridiculous overreactions about Sam Darnold's game? I heard at least a dozen callers including the radio host himself have Lamar Jackson rated over Sam Darnold. I couldn't help but remember those callers as Jackson was embarrassing himself all game against a far inferior defense than what Sam just faced last night.

I would not touch Lamar Jackson with Top 100 pick.

Did you happen to listen to the radio today and all the ridiculous overreactions about Sam Darnold's game? I heard at least a dozen callers including the radio host himself have Lamar Jackson rated over Sam Darnold. I couldn't help but remember those callers as Jackson was embarrassing himself all game against a far inferior defense than what Sam just faced last night.

I would not touch Lamar Jackson with Top 100 pick.

He’s a 4th round Braxton Miller type pick if I’m taking him. Absolutely does not even look like a QB. 

Archived