Draft Discussion 2.0

FGK

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Hey if the Giants want to move ahead of us and pay a premium to take Rosen #1, by all means I will roll out the red carpet for them to do so and for us to take Sam #2. 

Somehow that will get ****ed up. I don’t even want to take my chances. I’m okay with 2 1st and 3 2nds. I know ppl will call it crazy but seriously we’ve ****ed up so much lately just stay put and take Darnold. I can see it now. We trade with the giants and with .0001 seconds left they trade to the broncos for more picks then we got they take Darnold and we’re stuck with no QB and Eli Apple or some **** 

8 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Hey if the Giants want to move ahead of us and pay a premium to take Rosen #1, by all means I will roll out the red carpet for them to do so and for us to take Sam #2. 

Nooooooooo!!!!!!  The Giants will screw us and take the best qb in the draft in Darnold. No more cutesey wootsey just take heeeeem!!

12 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Also hearing Dorsey’s aggressively pursing Elliot wolf to take Berry’s job with a significant pay raise. Any body else hear this. It was just on the radio. 

We should fine a way to get both

Berry is very highly regarded and young.......if Wolf gets passed up in GB he'll probably bounce

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

That guy has Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph as his number one and two QBs. I'm not going to trust his judgment after seeing that and the bit where he says Guice is as talented, maybe more so than Barkley, just minus a bit of the breakaway speed.

This is a good, deep RB class. But even with that, Saquon is a lot better than anyone else and for my money, he's the most talented player in the entire draft.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That guy has Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph as his number one and two QBs. I'm not going to trust his judgment after seeing that and the bit where he says Guice is as talented, maybe more so than Barkley, just minus a bit of the breakaway speed.

This is a good, deep RB class. But even with that, Saquon is a lot better than anyone else and for my money, he's the most talented player in the entire draft.

Incremental value is the key, especially since we have so many other needs.

Do you really think he is that much better and even if so that it matters the way the game is played today?

It's hard for me to pass on Barkley. I like Minkah a lot, I REALLY want Roquan Smith too. Sony Michel really has shown a lot of ability, and it was nice to see how Georgia used him as a receiver in that Rose Bowl game. They don't throw to the RB much so to see how capable he is at doing it was good. 

Just now, bruceb said:

Incremental value is the key, especially since we have so many other needs.

Do you really think he is that much better and even if so that it matters the way the game is played today?

Stop the game is played the same way after week 8. Outside of guys like Rodgers and Brady who are generational QBS. Lynch,Bell,Gurley,Zeke,Ingram/Kamara,McCoy,Hunt. They win you championship. We have a chance to grab a Franchise QB and Franchise RB you don’t pass on that for what a FS or DE. We have DEs and we have to decent safeties. 

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It's hard for me to pass on Barkley. I like Minkah a lot, I REALLY want Roquan Smith too. Sony Michel really has shown a lot of ability, and it was nice to see how Georgia used him as a receiver in that Rose Bowl game. They don't throw to the RB much so to see how capable he is at doing it was good. 

Doesn't answer the question.

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Stop the game is played the same way after week 8. Outside of guys like Rodgers and Brady who are generational QBS. Lynch,Bell,Gurley,Zeke,Ingram/Kamara,McCoy,Hunt. They win you championship. We have a chance to grab a Franchise QB and Franchise RB you don’t pass on that for what a FS or DE. We have DEs and we have to decent safeties. 

But we do not have an extra round 1 pick in 2019, at least not yet.

Give me a trade down -- AZ seems ripe for the picking -- some more ammo in this and next years drafts and a RB not named Barkley.

Barkley is very good.

Just not so much greater a value, imho.

Archived