Kirk Cousins ends run with Vikings, signs with ATL (p.36)

vike daddy

Kirko is the guy who portrays himself as the "Aw Shucks" kinda guy, but at the same time is really ruthless when it comes to contract negotiation...and apparently, some take that as being two-faced or fraudulent...so it really irks them to no end. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Why don't you give me the tl;dr version?

Ah, yes. Exactly the type of response I was expecting. You did not disappoint. Of course you didn’t read it. Nothing new there. 

Please, continue purposely misinterpreting every single thing a person says so you can attack them with your “points” that have little to no substance whatsoever. 

TL; DR version: Read as much as you write. It’ll be easier to discuss things with you. 

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

"you're a poopyhead."

Ok, so it’s more than one member here that doesn’t read. Especially if that’s the sentiment you took from what I said. :/

43 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Why is this thread still so popular?  I  know that Cousins was a lightning rod to members of this forum as long as he was a Viking.  But, he now plays for Atlanta. Why is he still a cause of friction on the forum?

I assume it’s because the thread still exists? And many people including myself, were not a fan of him being here as long as he was anyway. I’m not on here too often but I don’t see where Cousins opinions are shared elsewhere (other threads).

Seems to be just this thread — the thread titled for Kirk Cousins departure. Where else should Cousins matters be discussed? 

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

people will always have differing opinions, Cousins is just an arena it plays out in. human nature.

Differing opinions is fine. I get it. I guess I am ever hopeful that we all could present our opinions in as mature and respectful as possible. Maybe I am just old and out of touch...well, yes...I am old...but I truly work at being less volatile in my posts and not "doubling down" on my opinions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Ok, so it’s more than one member here that doesn’t read. :/

now you're misinterpreting. something you lambast others for. i read your entire post.

have whatever football related opinions you want, but leave the insults and attacks against other members at the cyber door. your long post was filled with them.

we're a community here, my man. a clan of sorts. no need to make us read your personal insults of others, but something tells me you'll continue.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

now you're misinterpreting. something you lambast others for. i read your entire post.

have whatever football related opinions you want, but leave the insults and attacks against other members at the cyber door. your long post was filled with them.

we're a community here, my man. a clan of sorts. no need to make us read your personal insults of others, but something tells me you'll continue.

You could tell him to just say "you do you" since others seem that's an appropriate response.  🤣😉

Edited by swede700

47 minutes ago, swede700 said:

You could tell him to just say "you do you" since others seem that's an appropriate response.  🤣😉

Much like their follow-up response yesterday, this one wasn't really needed either. 

20 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Much like their follow-up response yesterday, this one wasn't really needed either. 

No, it wasn't, but yet, I still said it.  It's now out of my system.  😉

On 4/11/2024 at 12:40 PM, VikeManDan said:

They should remain here, in this thread, or any applicable thread in the Falcons forum.

Should we all join the Falcons forum so we can debate about Kirk in every thread?

• Like 4

I don't blame Kirk for following the money but I don't think it's crazy to suggest that he could have been more flexible in the last couple contracts.  Winning a Super Bowl would add a lot to his legacy and I would think would allow him to make more money past nfl career. 

Of course a Super Bowl win wouldn't be guaranteed even if he played for peanuts so maybe it wouldn't be worth it to take a discount in the hopes of winning a Super Bowl

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Should we all join the Falcons forum so we can debate about Kirk in every thread?

I don't know, do they have an active forum?  If so, I can re-hash my disdain for the Dirty Birds era... 😂

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Winning a Super Bowl would add a lot to his legacy and I would think would allow him to make more money past nfl career.

Kirk will have earned a quarter of a billion dollars on his NFL contracts, let alone marketing sponsorships and investments.

he won't need to ever have to work again, and i imagine he will devote his time to being with his family.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Kirk will have earned a quarter of a billion dollars on his NFL contracts, let alone marketing sponsorships and investments.

he won't need to ever have to work again, and i imagine he will devote his time to being with his family.

He won't have to work but I could see him making the occasional TV appearance or making the occasional commercial

• Like 1

maybe, just maybe...

Kirk couldn't (or wouldn't) help the Vikings out by taking a lesser salary, but intentionally and publicly (because he ain't dumb) said how tampering had occurred so we would get a better draft slot.

of course it didn't happen this way, but it's a slow day...

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:50 PM, vike daddy said:

I’m misinterpreting what “poopyhead” means? That what you equated my post as. So yes, it’s a misinterpretation of what I was going for.

Also, my original comment was a football opinion. Re-read what he replied to me with. I had reasons to respond in the manner that I did, so “personal insults” on my end is a bit extra.

I made observations about how he posts and interacts with other users. Pretty sure that nothing I said was untrue in regards to that.