CPOTY

BetterCallSaul

5 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm actually pretty surprised. I thought Hamlin would win and Stafford shoulda won. Good for Joe!

I'm mostly surprised by how many people appear to have just removed Hamlin from the ballot completely. If I saw the numbers right, 8 people just didn't have him on there. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

The more I've thought about it....the more I Feel like I may have given it to Baker, tbh. 

What was he coming back from?

from sucking? Being bad? Why are we rewarding that. Honestly McVay helped Baker in many ways, because he believed in him and re fired that confidence and self belief back. Im happy for him, but being cut and mentally abused in Clev isn’t a criteria for CPOY. Specially being the number overall pick. You’re expected to be great. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

What was he coming back from?

from sucking? Being bad? Why are we rewarding that. Honestly McVay helped Baker in many ways, because he believed in him and re fired that confidence and self belief back. Im happy for him, but being cut and mentally abused in Clev isn’t a criteria for CPOY. Specially being the number overall pick. You’re expected to be great. 

We are already rewarding that by giving it to Joe flacco

There also is no set criteria for comeback player of the year besides overcoming adversity

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Flacco was a 38 year old baby sitter who got a call and said f it, better than being home with the kids…Baker is in the prime of his career/life age wise.. There’s deff a difference here. 

Edited by El Ramster

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Flacco was a 38 year old baby sitter who got a call and said f it, better than being home with the kids…Baker is in the prime of his career. There’s deff a difference here. 

No there's not

Why are we rewarding Joe for being old and washed up? Cuts both ways. 

"Not being in the prime if their career" is not a requirement for the reward

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

No there's not

Why are we rewarding Joe for being old and washed up? Cuts both ways. 

"Not being in the prime if their career" is not a requirement for the reward

Flacco was as Super Bowl MVP Qb. 38’ years old brah; you can’t over look that??!!???

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

There also is no set criteria for comeback player of the year besides overcoming adversity

Someone said they should change it to Most Improved (like the NBA). I think that would be better so you aren’t just having to compare every single player who had an injury and figure out who had it worst. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Flacco was as Super Bowl MVP Qb. 38’ years old brah; you can’t over look that??!!???

What does him being a super bowl MVP a decade ago have to do with this award?

Baker Mayfield won the Heisman trophy and was the first overall pick. You can't overlook that

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

What does him being a super bowl MVP a decade ago have to do with this award?

Baker Mayfield won the Heisman trophy and was the first overall pick. You can't overlook that

38 years old basically retired. Brother you can’t be serious, that’s a huge massive age gap. People retire at 32-34.. I’m sorry he’s 39.. 39 years old!!!! Hello. 39! Out the door! Baker at 28 peak male testosterone. 

6 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Someone said they should change it to Most Improved (like the NBA). I think that would be better so you aren’t just having to compare every single player who had an injury and figure out who had it worst. 

I hate it because in the NBA high first round picks win it. Again, you’re expected to be great. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

38 years old basically retired. Brother you can’t be serious, that’s a huge massive age gap. People retire at 32-34.. I’m sorry he’s 39.. 39 years old!!!! Hello. 39! Out the door! Baker at 28 peak male testosterone. 

38 is still good qbing years. Wasn't even the oldest QB in the league. 

Baker only 6'1. Can't even see over the offensive line

• Like 2