CPOTY

BetterCallSaul

It’s great what happened with Hamlin coming back to life and everything and that was especially a cool story down the stretch of last season, but this is an achievement and production based award, and I really hope common sense prevails on this. My man’s stat line is 5 tackles on the season as a reserve. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Hamlin is like -10,000 all year, clearly Vegas knows he’s winning the award to put him so high.

I feel like that could be protection against a significantly small barrier to entry for Hamlin. Like if he comes in and gets 2 ints he would win obvs but is he gonna win just for putting on a uniform?

There's nothing special about dude or his injury, it was a fluke and he recovered because he is an athlete.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

I feel like that could be protection against a significantly small barrier to entry for Hamlin. Like if he comes in and gets 2 ints he would win obvs but is he gonna win just for putting on a uniform?

There's nothing special about dude or his injury, it was a fluke and he recovered because he is an athlete.

He’s literally still like -10,000. Meaning Vegas still thinks he’s like 100x more likely to win the award than anyone else. 

It should be Mayfield, but it will probably be Hamlin.

18 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yes it is, the odds of a -10,000 not hitting is like virtually none.

That isn't exactly what oddsmaking is about. Oddsmakers couldn't care less about accurately predicting the winning side. What they actually want to do is predict how the public will wager, and set the odds so that they get more or less even money coming in across the board. It's strictly about minimizing their risk. When a wager has an overwhelming favorite, that just means that public money is coming in heavily on that side.

Edited by sayheykid

Tua is a contender once again for this thread and not mentioned. He had what three or four concussions last year and one was one of the scarier looking ones in recent memory when his hands did that thing. He's come back from that healthy and top few MVP contender level.

47 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Tua is a contender once again for this thread and not mentioned. He had what three or four concussions last year and one was one of the scarier looking ones in recent memory when his hands did that thing. He's come back from that healthy and top few MVP contender level.

It's not the craziest thing for Tua to be considered. I just saw somebody post that Lamar Jackson should win MVP because of how he makes you feel despite not having league average passing numbers in another thread

Edited by AkronsWitness