CPOTY

BetterCallSaul

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

38 is still good qbing years. Wasn't even the oldest QB in the league. 

Baker only 6'1. Can't even see over the offensive line

Oh I see what we’re doing here. This is a dance I won’t partake in. 

Lmao didn’t see the finger 

Edited by El Ramster
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I find it hilarious how much the NFL drooled all over the Browns' "jewels" this year. Hamlin should've gotten it, I'm just gonna leave it at that. 

You’ve got strong points, the NFL has traditionally always given favoritism to the Cleveland Browns afterall

Hamlin had two tackles this year. He barely played. Pass.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I find it hilarious how much the NFL drooled all over the Browns' "jewels" this year. Hamlin should've gotten it, I'm just gonna leave it at that. 

The media votes decide these awards, not the NFL... Hamlin would have won if they had it their way. I even thought they were building up to it by making it so late in the show. The voters have spoken, and ranked choice-style voting rules 

Edited by adamq

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

The media votes decide these awards, not the NFL... Hamlin would have won if they had it their way. I even thought they were building up to it by making it so late in the show. The voters have spoken, and ranked choice-style voting rules 

Hearts up for Demar. Honestly buff should cut ties and he should be a partner for NFl. Send him all over the world as an ambassador for football. The first 2-4 months were crazy but now it’s an awkward point where they can’t juice it anymore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soko said:

You’ve got strong points, the NFL has traditionally always given favoritism to the Cleveland Browns afterall

The hidden agenda by the media to have Cleveland in the spotlight is most certainly on the nose. Very obvious the glamorous cities are pushed to the top. Not surprising to see Cleveland getting all the pub. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Soko said:

I mean, I get that. I don't really have a problem with joe flacco on honestly, But I didn't think it was just hamlins story.

Stefanski I had a problem with.

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Your tears sustain me. 

Thr thing is, the comment about the jewels was just snide not literal. Idk who you're looking at but I ain't crying over anything.

The fact of the matter is, and yes it is a fact, every year thr Browns are looked at as this super bowl contending Super Team (recent history) and every year they fall flat on their face. 

It's like watching reruns of MacGyver. It's interesting at first but the end is as predictable as it gets. They always find their way 'out' of things. 

7 hours ago, Soko said:

Ditto for Flacco. 5 games shouldn’t be enough to win this award. 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

Ditto for Flacco. 5 games shouldn’t be enough to win this award. 

At least there’s some sort of precedent to work with, with Alex Smith winning it with 6 games played. 5 is obviously less than 6 but I’m not going to die on that hill. 2 tackles is nothing, though.

In fairness, I don’t know the history of the award all that well and there may be past winners that have done similarly (nothing) and still won it.

12 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

I would have given it to Stafford or Baker over Flacco but they did the right thing not giving it to Hamlin.

I respect the hell out of him for continuing his career but CPOY should go to players who actually have on field accomplishments for the year, it's not a participation trophy.

13 minutes ago, Soko said:

At least there’s some sort of precedent to work with, with Alex Smith winning it with 6 games played. 5 is obviously less than 6 but I’m not going to die on that hill. 2 tackles is nothing, though.

In fairness, I don’t know the history of the award all that well and there may be past winners that have done similarly (nothing) and still won it.

True.  But, I mean, is this one that you are going to win just being so freaking terrible that no one wants you and you have a hot 5 games or is this award about something bigger.  I mean, Alex Smith came back from his broken leg and nearly being amputated situations to play 6 games after 2 years to win. They year Smith won in 6 games he also was 67% passer for 1582 yards, 6 TD, 8 INT, 6.3 yards per attempt, all in all kinda terrible. I felt like Hamlin's was in that vein of it didn't matter, he almost died on the field so coming back to do anything was enough.

So to me, Smith is kinda the precedent of that level.  But looking back through the award:

Flacco (out of league), Geno Smith (Bad), Burrow (injury), Smith (injury), Tannehill (bad), Luck (injury), Keenan Allen (Injury), Jordy Nelson (Injury), Eric Berry (Cancer), Gronkowski (Injury), Rivers (Bad), Manning (Injury), Stafford (bad), Vick (Prison), Brady (Injury). Pennington (injury x2), Greg Ellis (Injury), Steve Smith (Injury), Teddy Bruschi (Stroke).

So in the last 20 years of the award 5 times it went to someone who was just terrible the year before, 12 times it was for coming off season ending injuries, 1 time for coming back from prison, 2 times for life threatening conditions.