CPOTY

BetterCallSaul

So I  looked at the odds and its Hamlin as the fav and Flacco is 2nd. What are we doing with this award? A guy who is almost never active and the other guy who only played 4 games at max will play 6 games. So the fact that either is qualified for this award makes it useless imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

So I  looked at the odds and its Hamlin as the fav and Flacco is 2nd. What are we doing with this award? A guy who is almost never active and the other guy who only played 4 games at max will play 6 games. So the fact that either is qualified for this award makes it useless imo. 

He’s keeping the browns afloat for a playoff spot while balling out and dropping 300 on candy ases. The dragon is back baby! 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Give Hamlin man of the year award or something. He just doesn’t deserve comeback player of the year. 

The problem is that there is no real set criteria for comeback player of the year to say he doesn't deserve it. It's really just about "overcoming adversity". Some places claim there's a remarkable performance component, but that's not real. I mean, I seldom think that these guys put up "remarkable" performances and a remarkable component is highly subjective. I mean, dying on the field and coming back to make the roster can easily be seen as more remarkable than say coming back from sucking the year prior. 

There are just times when the production doesn't really matter. Like, Alex Smith was always going to win it the year he came back. If that was just based on production, he would have lost to Big Ben quite easily, I imagine....but people were actually upset that one person voted for Ben. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem is that there is no real set criteria for comeback player of the year to say he doesn't deserve it. It's really just about "overcoming adversity". Some places claim there's a remarkable performance component, but that's not real. I mean, I seldom think that these guys put up "remarkable" performances and a remarkable component is highly subjective. I mean, dying on the field and coming back to make the roster can easily be seen as more remarkable than say coming back from sucking the year prior. 

There are just times when the production doesn't really matter. Like, Alex Smith was always going to win it the year he came back. If that was just based on production, he would have lost to Big Ben quite easily, I imagine....but people were actually upset that one person voted for Ben. 

Realistically purdy should win it. Guy had Tommy john surgery no? He saw the man lose an arm and come back in less than a year recovery. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

One criteria should involve actually playing though, right?  

I’m not saying it has to be Flacco, but I do feel like it’s got to be someone who came back and actually contributed to a team on the field.

4 hours ago, El Ramster said:

He’s keeping the browns afloat for a playoff spot while balling out and dropping 300 on candy ases. The dragon is back baby! 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I agree what he is doing is great but it sets a bad message of you can not play for most of the season come in on a team that has a playoff caliber roster but just need a QB then you can win an award. I just feel like a guy like Stafford or even Baker who was there in training camp and the start of the season. Took the beating, went through the ups and downs of a grueling season and now have their team in playoff position playing great ball. They should be rewarded over Flacco who didnt go through any of that this season. 

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Realistically purdy should win it. Guy had Tommy john surgery no? He saw the man lose an arm and come back in less than a year recovery. 

He didn't miss the majority of 2022, he missed 3 QTs of the NFCCG. Not only no but Hell no.

Hamlin will get it for the sheer publicity/hype it will bring to the award of a player who literally wasn't supposed to walk potentially, let alone play NFL football the following year.

I personally have Zero problems with it too. Truly amazing. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

He didn't miss the majority of 2022, he missed 3 QTs of the NFCCG. Not only no but Hell no.

Hamlin will get it for the sheer publicity/hype it will bring to the award of a player who literally wasn't supposed to walk potentially, let alone play NFL football the following year.

I personally have Zero problems with it too. Truly amazing. 

I forgot the criteria. Still super impressive as a lot of people had doubt he’ll come back good. 

Ignoring the Hamlin and Flacco memes, who is actually the most deserving.

I'm seeing Matt Stafford and Baker Mayfield, Matt with the injury and Baker with the almost losing his career. Both are having better seasons than last year but they also aren't having amazing seasons this year, just good ones.

Betting sites are showing Tua next but last year was his best year before this year so he isn't really coming back from anything he just got some bad concussions. Lamar is listed but he has really just had 2 down years and now a good but not amazing season as well, yet somehow he is in the lead for MVP so that either helps him or hurts him here depending on how you look at it.

Russ is listed but with him getting benched and cut that won't happen.

TJ Watt is listed next and he likely has the biggest 3 year up-down-up with DPOTY, injured and low stat season, and then another possible DPOTY while leading the league in sacks.