Mayock vs. Ziegler

PhillyRaider

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hurts is going to have back to back years of finishing top 5 in MVP voting and has produced better than any QB in the league the last two seasons outside of Mahomes and Allen. They paid him and his production went up this year with the Eagles remaining one of the best teams in the NFL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2023-eagles-jalen-hurts-tops-list-of-greatest-performances-ever-by-a-losing-player/

They paid and his play has regressed. Stop stat watching. Start watching actual play. Like me. A dude who's seen every game he ever played in the NFL. You are not going to tell me about Jalen Hurts, bro. Not going to happen. You can call him an MVP candidate all you want, but the Eagles ain't winning anything as long as plays like this.

8 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

They paid and his play has regressed. Stop stat watching. Start watching actual play. Like me. A dude who's seen every game he ever played in the NFL. You are not going to tell me about Jalen Hurts, bro. Not going to happen. You can call him an MVP candidate all you want, but the Eagles ain't winning anything as long as plays like this.

He regressed to 13 wins and 43 TD, he sucks you’re right. 

29 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Just tell him Hurts is a younger Carr. Has games that look great on the stat line but has mental mistakes and craps the bed at times too. lol

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh you could argue patty lost that game so he earned that L. Fumble for td and a pick 6.

So can losses be a qb stat? 

No, imho it’s a team sport and the team wins or loses. No other option.

Sure, a player can play great and contribute greatly to a win, or a loss conversely, but ultimately all you can say is Player Z was on teams that had this record - X wins and Y losses.

Mahomes did play poorly, should have had 3 Ints and the awful and costly fumble but ultimately he was only a single piece in the jigsaw puzzle. The Raiders had to create plays, Jones made a huge play, Zeus made some big plays. Their kicker missed kicks etc.

9 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

My thought is eliminate field goals over 50 yards. Anything over 50 yards and the other team either has to punt or try for a first down. 

If I had to make any changes, I’d make it easier for DBs to play physical like they used to and remove the ridiculous over protection of QBs, too many egregious roughing the passer penalties. Then again I’m a defensive minded fan and the NFL wants to see every QB pass for 5000 yards it seems like 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

The great Jalen Hurts lost today at home to a team with 3 wins. If it wasn't for 300 year old Julio Jones, the Eagles would have been blown out. You're right, Hurts is awesome.

He threw 3 TD’s with a 118.3 rating and led his team to 31 points. Not sure I’d lay today’s loss at his feet. But then again you’ve been a Gatling gun with the wild takes this holiday season. 

• Like 1

The great Jalen Hurts lost today at home to a team with 3 wins. If it wasn't for 300 year old Julio Jones, the Eagles would have been blown out. You're right, Hurts is awesome.

That's a losing argument your hanging your hat on here. Hurts played great today. Kyler Murray is back now and is looking increasingly better week to week. 

Philly's defense has been atrocious this year against the pass, and it lost them the game. Had nothing to do with Hurts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NickButera said:

That's a losing argument your hanging your hat on here. Hurts played great today. Kyler Murray is back now and is looking increasingly better week to week. 

Philly's defense has been atrocious this year against the pass, and it lost them the game. Had nothing to do with Hurts.

Hurts played great? He threw for 160 yards. He couldn't read Arizona's D and was awful when it mattered the most. See the awful sack he took in the 4th quarter as an example. Hurts is such a great player that he's going to get a GREAT coach like Nick Sirianni fired.

Then the Eagles still won't win anything as long as he's their QB. Even with a new coach.

Edited by PhillyRaider

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

He threw 3 TD’s with a 118.3 rating and led his team to 31 points. Not sure I’d lay today’s loss at his feet. But then again you’ve been a Gatling gun with the wild takes this holiday season. 

He was awful when it mattered the most. Because he can't read a D. He should have thrown for 6 TD's against an awful team like Arizona. Instead he relied on an old Julio Jones to bail him out for two of those TD's. Jalen Hurts is not a winner. Jalen Hurts is a loser.

Edited by PhillyRaider

He was awful when it mattered the most. Because he can't read a D. He should have thrown for 6 TD's against an awful team like Arizona. Instead he relied on an old Julio Jones to bail him out for two of those TD's. Jalen Hurts is not a winner. Jalen Hurts is a loser.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jalen-hurts-had-one-of-the-great-statistical-performances-in-super-bowl-history

Everything isn't simply black and white. Hurts is a good QB. Sure he has some faults, but he's one of maybe 10 best people in the world who can play QB. You're oversimplifying this by simply labeling him as just a loser. 

• Like 1