Week 17 GDT: Dallas v. Detroit - Playoff Matchup?

D82

22 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

The real shame of the way the game ended last night is that the controversey over the 2 point play will overshadow and taint a great game and a record setting game for a young and gifted WR.

Nobody is going to talk about how Dallas, a team that can't beat a team with a winning record, beat 2 of the top seeded NFC post season teams, without saying "yeah but."

Nobody is going to recognize Lamb as having taken that next step in his career as a top 3, if not 1, WR in the league without saying "yeah but."

Nobody is going to remember or appreciate Jimmy Johnson FINALLY getting into the ring of honor without saying "yeah but."

It is always this way with this team. We can't just have a clear cut, decisive victory without hearing "yeah but."

Yeah but......we know. That's all that matters bud.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Missed calls happen, but the blatant disregard for holding calls against Micah, one of the best pass rushers in the league is laughably obvious.

I don't get it. I don't think we've ever seen a player not get those calls for this long 

55 minutes ago, D82 said:

I don't get it. I don't think we've ever seen a player not get those calls for this long 

I think at this point because MP was so vocal against the refs it’s a point of pride now by the refs and it will continue next week. It is what it is.  

27 minutes ago, quiller said:

I think at this point because MP was so vocal against the refs it’s a point of pride now by the refs and it will continue next week. It is what it is.  

I've said the same thing to my sons.  I'm not saying it's right, far from it, but the refs are saying what hold Mr Parsons we are incompetent according to you remember?

13 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Before I go to bed, I want to add that the fumble touchback rule is awesome and anyone who disagrees is wrong. I hope they never change it

And now that I have slept on it, I want to add this:

My first instinct, watching the ending play out at a bar, was to feel sorry for Detroit fans. Sure felt like they got screwed, big time.

But after poring through the NFL Gen thread? I no longer feel this way. Looooooserrrrrrrrs

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

And now that I have slept on it, I want to add this:

My first instinct, watching the ending play out at a bar, was to feel sorry for Detroit fans. Sure felt like they got screwed, big time.

But after poring through the NFL Gen thread? I no longer feel this way. Looooooserrrrrrrrs

I know. It's crazy. I rarely go to the Gen. It's usually a sh1tshow. Everybody ignoring the "tripping" penalty.

Also, you thought you were sarcastic about the fumbling out of the endzone. If you're not, I totally disagree. Punish the offense in some way. I don't know. Loss of down and bring the ball back to the 20 if they started inside the 20 or if outside of the 20 when the play started the ball goes back to that point.

Holy ish!!!  Who would have thought that last nights fiasco would likely give us the #2 seed?  Amazing!!!

I will say that was easily the WORST officiated game I’ve seen this season.  It was so bad on so many levels.  The tripping call on hendershot when it was the defender tripping our RB really should be getting more attention.  And, if I’m an OC, I would tell my OLmen to hold, mug and/or rape MP because the refs simply won’t call it.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Holy ish!!!  Who would have thought that last nights fiasco would likely give us the #2 seed?  Amazing!!!

I will say that was easily the WORST officiated game I’ve seen this season.  It was so bad on so many levels.  The tripping call on hendershot when it was the defender tripping our RB really should be getting more attention.  And, if I’m an OC, I would tell my OLmen to hold, mug and/or rape MP because the refs simply won’t call it.  

They are!

16 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Well, it's temporary until we defeat Wash. Last year they hammered us in Wash in week 17.

But, assuming we win, we play the lowest ranked seed (7) which, right now is Seattle. They gave us all we could handle and it was a flag fest.

Fingers crossed, we win that one, we play whomever.

The grandest of hopes is that SF gets knocked off in the Div and we host the NFCCG.

Wouldn't that be something?

• Like 2