Week 17 GDT: Dallas v. Detroit - Playoff Matchup?

D82

Well Dallas was able to contain the run to a point against Miami (last drive not so much).  Can this trend continue against a better rushing team in Detroit.  I have not watched Detroit this year at all.  I think defensively it will be another game of forcing very few punts again.  I have faith our O can score though and score a lot. Not having Dowdle is an issue as he has been an important part of our run game.  
Will the refs call a holding call for Parsons in a blow out win just to appease the crowd.  The excuses I hear for it are mind boggling considering the number of holding calls we’ve got against us and how ticky tack some of them have been. The one against Smith that cost us dearly in the red zone was IMO totally bogus for example.  

10 hours ago, D82 said:

A crime is still a crime doesn’t matter if it’s State or Federal crime. These dumbass players making Millions of dollars know that in Texas, marijuana is still illegal, yet they continue to want to smoke, the stupidly is absurd. 

besides, this cut is no loss, it’s not like Evan’s has contributed anything this season and we were thin at LB, should have been easy for him to stake a claim. 

Edited by textaz03

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Sounds like The Deuce is going to see some action vs Detroit.

Tyron is questionable.

Finally! Question is, will they use him th right way?

You don't run a 5-6, 175 lb guy into a bunch of 310 lb Dlinemen. 

You should isolate him 1 on 1 against a LB or DB in space and let him use his  quickness to beat the coverage and get a lot of YAC.

We will see.

I unfortunately will not be watching most 1st half live being at work.  Which has worked well to a point so far. Hopefully all the little things that went against us at Buffalo and Miami will go our way.  I just worry the pressure to win is such that it causes our roll players too try too hard and the discipline problems we see on the road show up at home

Edited by quiller

I have a nasty feeling a collapse is in the works for Dallas. They’ve been exceedingly good at home, but the wheels are coming  off at some point. I’m not particularly liking this matchup. I see a heavy dose of Gibbs/Montgomery coming and Detroit’s OL working over Dallas. 

Closet Lions fan thinks …

Detroit 27
Dallas 21

Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I have a nasty feeling a collapse is in the works for Dallas. They’ve been exceedingly good at home, but the wheels are coming  off at some point. I’m not particularly liking this matchup. I see a heavy dose of Gibbs/Montgomery coming and Detroit’s OL working over Dallas. 

Closet Lions fan thinks …

Detroit 27
Dallas 21

Well hell, the reality of the situation is this:

1. We need Philly to drop 1 game in the next two to have any shot at the #2 seed.

2. That ALSO means we have to win today and next week.

3. If we win today, we are still at the mercy of the Iggles schedule. AND,we are doing them a favor in pursuit of the 2 seed as they need DET to drop one of two.

4. With all of that said, a win today only helps us in an academic sense as we still need Philly to lose. Given the possibility that they DO not lose, a win today helps their cause.

So it comes to this: 

Dallas wins and we help Philly, as long as they win out.

Dallas loses and we just made Phillys job that much more difficult.

I have been of the mindset that we are pretty much committed to the 5 seed anyway, so im not sweating this too much.

But I do think we are the more talented team, we're at home and I think we win:

Dallas 31

Detroit 17

I think I have less feel for this game than just about any prior to it. It kind of reminds me of the Chargers game, in that I think these are well-matched teams at similar stages of the team development cycle. Could absolutely see it going either way.

I will say the offense needs to step it up here as I don't really trust the defense to have a lights out performance with how they've looked lately.

I did not realize Det has edge over Philly for 2 seed.  That would be nice but  as I see things we win out are still 5 then win v TB and it’s on to SF.  Thus I really don’t see helping Philly helping us in playoffs much.  Though it might I guess if Seattle can some how win a road playoff game so we avoid going to SF.  But so we really want a road game at Detroit after losing to them. Just like last year we would have faced Philly over SF if Minny didn’t lose to Giants.  And then odds are great we them would have seen SF in championship.  
we are the better team and at home should win by two scores but man it is any given. Sunday for a reason