2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, Geezy said:

im assuming Jones and Williams get resigned. Going to have to win a bidding war for Wilkins with so many teams having money to blow and him being an elite DT. 

He's coached under PG before IIRC. From all accounts plays lover Graham so I think that bodes well for us. To go along with enormous need, no tax, elite facilities, etc, etc.

I think/hope we go all-in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

But Tomlin has still found ways to win without Ben these last couple of years, I mean sure he needs a good QB to get to the next level but somehow he still gets to the playoffs and a winning record.

Oh don't get me wrong, Tomlin is a damn good coach. 

And Tomlin isn't the be-all, end-all of the organization. The QBs and OCs have been pretty fugly. 

But even with Tomlin's success, and admirable jobs recently, I have a hard time believing he keeps the job as long as he has if the non-Ben results were his entire coaching career to-date. 

It's part of why I'm surprised he hasn't resigned and gone onto greener pastures. A good QB and OC, Tomlin has more than a single ring, imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Doubt Schefter would’ve mentioned us if we aren’t planning to meet with him. 

ah, so nothing solid. Just a reporter connecting dots. Wouldnt be surprised if we took a meeting, due diligence. But Wilson would be the opposite of what i imagine AP is trying to build 

14 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's coached under PG before IIRC. From all accounts plays lover Graham so I think that bodes well for us. To go along with enormous need, no tax, elite facilities, etc, etc.

I think/hope we go all-in.

Those are definitely pluses, but money talks. Hopefully in the end, if all else is equal, those factors play into our favor. Would be a huge get. 

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Those are definitely pluses, but money talks. Hopefully in the end, if all else is equal, those factors play into our favor. Would be a huge get. 

We also have some of the biggest amounts of space, and under new leadership of a Defensive HC, I think we will slowly balance out the books between O and D.

I have no doubt interior pressure has been identified as an issue and AP/PG will solve it this off season.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We also have some of the biggest amounts of space, and under new leadership of a Defensive HC, I think we will slowly balance out the books between O and D.

I have no doubt interior pressure has been identified as an issue and AP/PG will solve it this off season.

consistent pressure up the middle would make this Defense go! 

55 minutes ago, Geezy said:

ah, so nothing solid. Just a reporter connecting dots. Wouldnt be surprised if we took a meeting, due diligence. But Wilson would be the opposite of what i imagine AP is trying to build 

Well he thinks Shefter is always right. Lol