2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think they're pretty committed to drafting a QB early and would assume they'll prioritize: 

1. Trade up into the top 3 for Daniels

2. Trade up into the top 7 for McCarthy

3. Draft Nix, possibly at #13, or after a trade

The only veteran QB's I see as legitimate options are Wilson / Fields, just because they're both super cheap.

I’m hoping this is what their mindset is. It seems like everything they have said points to it. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

I’m hoping this is what their mindset is. It seems like everything they have said points to it. 

For better or worse, Mark Davis is the type of owner that lets past mistakes influence his decision making process. Like hiring AP was definitely a way that he's trying to make up for firing Rich.

Ziegler reportedly wanted to trade up for Stroud last year but JMD wanted Jimmy / would only trade up for Young. It sounds like there was a big emphasis during the GM interviews about their plans to add a franchise guy.

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For better or worse, Mark Davis is the type of owner that lets past mistakes influence his decision making process. Like hiring AP was definitely a way that he's trying to make up for firing Rich.

Ziegler reportedly wanted to trade up for Stroud last year but JMD wanted Jimmy / would only trade up for Young. It sounds like there was a big emphasis during the GM interviews about their plans to add a franchise guy.

This is what keeps my hopes up we actually make a real move to go and get one. Gotta take a chance at some point and our cap space this year makes it entirely more feasible. 

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I know people get hung up on if we would have gotten Stroud, but could you imagine if we traded up and were stuck with Young? That's the big downside with trading up for QBs, it's legitimately 50/50. If we do it this year, we have to nail it. Daniels better be the real deal if we pull the trigger or we are in trouble well beyond this regime. If we do it, land Daniels, and he's Lamar Jackson-esque, we are contenders. If not, we will be 25+ years waiting for a playoff win.

• Like 2

Just now, justwinbaby81 said:

I know people get hung up on if we would have gotten Stroud, but could you imagine if we traded up and were stuck with Young? That's the big downside with trading up for QBs, it's legitimately 50/50. If we do it this year, we have to nail it. Daniels better be the real deal if we pull the trigger or we are in trouble well beyond this regime. If we do it, land Daniels, and he's Lamar Jackson-esque, we are contenders. If not, we will be 25+ years waiting for a playoff win.

Trading up for Daniels and him being a bust wouldn't set us back 25 years but it definitely hurts. Which is why I wouldn't give up 3 FRPs to move up for any QB other than Caleb Williams.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Trading up for Daniels and him being a bust wouldn't set us back 25 years but it definitely hurts. Which is why I wouldn't give up 3 FRPs to move up for any QB other than Caleb Williams.

No I mean we are at 22 years now since last playoff win, it'd hit us for 3-5 more. To make the move you gotta be real sure, not just fill the need at QB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I said 4 yr/$100M lol

@NYRaider said: Assuming Jones gets his deal done before free agency opens up, I wouldn't be surprised if Wilkins team pushes to reset the market as the only top DT available. 

And my response was this: Won't happen nobody paying him more than Jones. Jones is going to top Madubuike. Then Wilkins best bet will be equal to Madubuike or slightly less.

Edited by raidr4life

Just now, raidr4life said:

@NYRaider said: Assuming Jones gets his deal done before free agency opens up, I wouldn't be surprised if Wilkins team pushes to reset the market as the only top DT available. 

And I meant 4 yr/$100M so technically not reset it because there's Donald/Jones and then everyone else. You said 4 yr/$100M wasn't accurate. 

4 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

No I mean we are at 22 years now since last playoff win, it'd hit us for 3-5 more. To make the move you gotta be real sure, not just fill the need at QB.

Agreed. If you're going to give up multiple FRPs, probably 3 to land Daniels, you have to have absolute faith that he's your guy. I'd feel a lot better about it if we had hired Kliff, not really stoked on the idea of giving up multiple FRP's to give Getsy the chance to develop him after how Fields looked.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

May be the emotional part of me, but I’d be okay with it. 2 years younger than Jones… it wouldn’t be very hard for me to justify it considering how quickly the market dried up 

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

And my response was this: Won't happen nobody paying him more than Jones. Jones is going to top Madubuike. Then Wilkins best bet will be equal to Madubuike or slightly less.

I misspoke