2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

58 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He was unable to get off blocks repeatedly. We had a RS Fr Center, playing out of position, that put him on his back more than once. Yea he flows to the ball well and he seems athletic but when our O-Line was able to square him up, he was neturalized. As much as ragged on Edmunds and his lack of physicality at times, he is much more adapt at stack n shed or slipping blocks than Vaner Esch. And our O-Line was far from The Hogs or anything of the sort. We had no maulers or guys who were truly physically dominate or gifted. They were pretty patheic the whole year so to see him not really stand out against them soured me on him. I think in the right scheme, like Zimmer's he could be an effective OLB. I just dont see a Mike at the pro level. Now granted I didn't see him again the rest of the year but I didn't see enough from him to where I felt I needed a second look.

Watch his bowl game

I have to say. Ive seen Edmunds mocked to us. Ive seen Quenton Meeks mocked to us. And ive seen Duke Eijofor mocked to us. I like it. And I think all 3 would be very possible in that order. Edmunds-Foster-Smith/Reid is a sweet ILB core. And either Meeks or Isaiah Oliver would be awesome, doesnt matter which one. Oliver is more technical, Meeks is more physical. Both will be stars in my opinion. And Eijofor to me needs to put on a few more pounds but otherwise has the talent to be a very very good DE in a 4-3 like ours.

I mentioned previously (perhaps in this thread?) I would like 'Obo' Okoronkwo around the 3rd round, so if we picked him with our 2nd--which is rather low--I would be fine with it. He is a rather well-rounded LB who has some decent pass rush moves with some quickness and speed. He always plays hard and loves the game.

I had no idea his arms were that long!

9 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I mentioned previously (perhaps in this thread?) I would like 'Obo' Okoronkwo around the 3rd round, so if we picked him with our 2nd--which is rather low--I would be fine with it. He is a rather well-rounded LB who has some decent pass rush moves with some quickness and speed. He always plays hard and loves the game.

I had no idea his arms were that long!

I would love him in the third too. Love the idea of getting someone like a Beasley/Irvin. A guy who can flex to the SAM but also rush from both sides. Doubt he drops there though. I think there's going to be a run on certain positions in the mid rounds. I think O-line and Pass rushers get a ton of looks going into the second and third. 

K.C. traded the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills to move up to No. 10 to select Mahomes.

Maybe I'm greedy but that still doesnt seem like enough for me if Pittsburgh were to try and copy that deal. Especially considering the division the steelers are in they're almost a lock to make the playoffs. I dont envy the Bills #21 & #22 picks this year. Throw in a current or future 2nd and I'd be more on board. 

30 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

K.C. traded the No. 27 overall pick, a third-round pick and their 2018 first-round selection to the Buffalo Bills to move up to No. 10 to select Mahomes.

Maybe I'm greedy but that still doesnt seem like enough for me if Pittsburgh were to try and copy that deal. Especially considering the division the steelers are in they're almost a lock to make the playoffs. I dont envy the Bills #21 & #22 picks this year. Throw in a current or future 2nd and I'd be more on board. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/draft_trade_value.htm

According to this, the bill's two first round picks for our pick(9/10) would be "enough" but i'm with you, I want some icing on the cake. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

I think its realistic. 

I haven't been that impressed by Thomas, personally. I don't know that I would draft him over re-signing Aaron Lynch, for example. And I don't think we'll be re-signing Aaron Lynch anyway.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yuck. Not liking that trade at all. Not sweet enough. And taking a RB? Not that high. Don't see it happening. OL, LB, DB are what I am thinking for the 1st round.

I don't mind the trade back, but I'm not a big fan of any 1st rd RB selection for SF that isn't Barkley or Guice.  :S

Archived