2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

36 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Chubb runs a 4.53

I'm not a huge Chubb fan, but that's faster than I thought. He had a good vert, curious to see his broad jump (not sure if they have done those yet or not). Good broad + vert and a decent time in the 4.5's is a really nice combine for him. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

So basically, Barkley stumbles out of the gate a little on both runs, and still puts up 4.41 and 4.42? LOL. Dude is a freak. 

What I don't get is how these guys come to combine and struggle with the technique and stumble out of their jump... How is that even possible? Just watch the 2017 combine. Then watch the 2016 combine. Then watch the previous ten years. It's always the same rules, and you get good and bad examples of what to do. How can these guys not understand that, and get to the 40, and have the Steelers guy tell them to line up behind the first line, and where to put their fingers, to stand still and not roll through the start. I've never run a 40, and I'd at least know the strict minimum not to make a fool of myself out there, and maximize my chances of running fast. Barkley lined up the first time and was told where to put his front foot. That's ridiculous. He probably had to modify his stance a little, and then was uncomfortable and stumbled out of the gate twice. But yeah, he's fast.

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

What I don't get is how these guys come to combine and struggle with the technique and stumble out of their jump... How is that even possible? Just watch the 2017 combine. Then watch the 2016 combine. Then watch the previous ten years. It's always the same rules, and you get good and bad examples of what to do. How can these guys not understand that, and get to the 40, and have the Steelers guy tell them to line up behind the first line, and where to put their fingers, to stand still and not roll through the start. I've never run a 40, and I'd at least know the strict minimum not to make a fool of myself out there, and maximize my chances of running fast. Barkley lined up the first time and was told where to put his front foot. That's ridiculous. He probably had to modify his stance a little, and then was uncomfortable and stumbled out of the gate twice. But yeah, he's fast.

I agree looked like he didn't he practice it prior to the Steelers coach telling him to back up and where to place your front foot and your fingers.

Archived