Finale GDT - Bears/Packers

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting. One might think you already are....but I guess thats a matter of perspective.

When you've buried the bar 6 feet deep it's hard to go under it.

HA! GOTCHA!!

• Like 1

This game really shouldn't have been this close. The Packers manhandled us and they theoretically could have scored 2 more touchdowns and a field goal right before the half.

These rivalry games should be a barometer of how good of a team we are. It feels like even if we could even manage to go 1-1 vs. the Pack, the Bears may be able to make the playoffs next year.

On the other hand, this game meant a whole lot more to GB than it did to us. Some good news is that the team does seem markedly improved from last year. Also, we have a chance to make a major impact in the off-season through the draft and free agency. Atleast with Poles, he managed to put our team in a position with good draft capital unlike Pace.

There's a part of me that wants to keep Fields and stack the roster in the draft. I feel that he's put in such a precarious position with our O-Line and tries to do his best to make plays when pocket collapses, but many times there's no chance when there are defenders in his face after 2 seconds. Also, besides Moore and Kmet our QB doesn't have quality targets to go to especially on third down and in the red zone.

There's another part of me that wants to see more production from our QB and believes that resetting the QB contract situation might be for the best. Besides, Fields has already endured much punishment and I don't know how long he will stay healthy in the long term. I just don't want to be in a position where we draft another QB to have him get killed by our lack of pass protection. My initial thoughts is that Caleb Williams seems smallish and has his ceiling capped due to his size.

It's too bad that this draft doesn't have a premier pass rusher like a Myles Garrett, a Bosa, or a Watt. If we could manage to trade down while still getting MHJ would be my ideal scenario.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting. One might think you already are....but I guess thats a matter of perspective.

I'm absolutely not arguing that the Bears are not constant underachievers, however, I think I would be more infuriated as a fan that the Packers only managed to win 1 Super Bowl with Rodgers, who in my view is a top 5 all time QB talent.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or your honestly running your own team down. If they draft well this year, 2024 could be promising - but who knows.

I wont use the "O" word cause it causes some of you undue distress apparently - which it shouldnt in any honest interchange between our fan bases IMO. We'll see what 2024 holds for these two teams.

Stop trolling.  Your team won and is going to the playoffs.  Be happy and stop trying to anger and incite bears fans.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or your honestly running your own team down. If they draft well this year, 2024 could be promising - but who knows.

I wont use the "O" word cause it causes some of you undue distress apparently - which it shouldnt in any honest interchange between our fan bases IMO. We'll see what 2024 holds for these two teams.

Who cares what COULD happen? They don't underachieve if the non-meatheaded expectations are always at ground zero