WE WANT DALLAS (to beat us so we get the 2nd pick). The Week 18 Thread. Rivera's last game.

Rooting guide for Sunday:

Indy over Houston
New England over New York Jets
Green Bay over Chicago
Las Vegas over Denver
Pittsburgh over Baltimore
and most importantly New Orleans over Atlanta 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Indy over Houston
Green Bay over Chicago
Las Vegas over Denver

Pat’s over jets?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Pat’s over jets?

The simplest thing is Dallas beating the brakes off of us and the Pats beating the Jets. That gives us the second pick and I think its the most likely outcome of all. Trevor Semian is god awful.

• Like 2

I was born and raised in the DMV. All my life, Washington fans told me that beating Dallas was all that mattered. It didn't matter if Washington went 2-14, as long as the 2 wins were against the Dallas Cowboys. It was etched in stone, because the rivalry was so fierce. Winning one game vs. Dallas was acceptable, but getting swept was out of the question.

"We want Dallas to beat us, so we get the 2nd pick?" I never thought I would see those words from Washington fans. RR is as good as gone already, so where's the hype?

Edited by Tony7188

58 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I was born and raised in the DMV. All my life, Washington fans told me that beating Dallas was all that mattered. It didn't matter if Washington went 2-14, as long as the 2 wins were against the Dallas Cowboys. It was etched in stone, because the rivalry was so fierce. Winning one game vs. Dallas was acceptable, but getting swept was out of the question.

"We want Dallas to beat us, so we get the 2nd pick?" I never thought I would see those words from Washington fans. RR is as good as gone already, so where's the hype?

It's time to find the future so that we can beat you twice in a season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Let Dan Snyder own your team for 20 years then get back with us. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I don't want to hope to beat you guys once a year at most. I want a QB who gives us a chance to beat you every time we step on the field. Losing gets us one step closer to that potentially. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

That was sort of an easy position for Redskins fans to take back then, when we traded away all our draft picks. If I knew we were just going to give our picks away for whatever veteran players we could get, I probably wouldn’t give much of a rat’s *** about where the picks landed either. All things being equal, I’d still much rather beat Dallas. 

But as my Commrades have pointed out, all things are not equal. Dan Snyder sucked the life force out of this franchise, and out of this fan base.

If you’re familiar with Maslow or his concept of the “hierarchy of needs” (or the very related “food pyramid”), we Washington fans are on the very bottom level. We’ve been so long without the absolute basics that we can’t possibly spend any time worrying about higher end things like rivalry games. Those are a luxury, meant for other fanbases. We just need some wins, a decent season, a GM or coach or QB (or God forbid, all three) that we believe could win something serious one day. We’re the football fan equivalent of the hungry homeless man — he’s just dreaming about food and a roof, he’s not concerned with the stock market or finding true love or the status of his driver’s license.

Perhaps one day, we’ll have those things again, and we’ll start to care once more about stuff like cutting off our nose to spite Dallas’s face. Right now, the only thing any of us cares about is getting a new FO in place and giving them as much ammunition to try to resurrect this franchise as humanly possible. That’s the only thing we have left to hope on.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

That was sort of an easy position for Redskins fans to take back then, when we traded away all our draft picks. If I knew we were just going to give our picks away for whatever veteran players we could get, I probably wouldn’t give much of a rat’s *** about where the picks landed either. All things being equal, I’d still much rather beat Dallas. 

But as my Commrades have pointed out, all things are not equal. Dan Snyder sucked the life force out of this franchise, and out of this fan base.

If you’re familiar with Maslow or his concept of the “hierarchy of needs” (or the very related “food pyramid”), we Washington fans are on the very bottom level. We’ve been so long without the absolute basics that we can’t possibly spend any time worrying about higher end things like rivalry games. Those are a luxury, meant for other fanbases. We just need some wins, a decent season, a GM or coach or QB (or God forbid, all three) that we believe could win something serious one day. We’re the football fan equivalent of the hungry homeless man — he’s just dreaming about food and a roof, he’s not concerned with the stock market or finding true love or the status of his driver’s license.

Perhaps one day, we’ll have those things again, and we’ll start to care once more about stuff like cutting off our nose to spite Dallas’s face. Right now, the only thing any of us cares about is getting a new FO in place and giving them as much ammunition to try to resurrect this franchise as humanly possible. That’s the only thing we have left to hope on.

I about spit up my coffee onto my ipad when you referenced hierarchy of needs.  That’s about the right thought for how things are going right now.  

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 8:07 AM, MikeT14 said:

Indy over Houston
New England over New York Jets
Green Bay over Chicago
Las Vegas over Denver

I didn't fact check this image, but it is tied to this:

CDN media

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

According to that, we are HARD on New Orleans. There is only one scenario where NE could jump back ahead of us if New Orleans wins. 

We just need N E to beat the Jets and lock us in to #2 . ! Assumimg we lose to the 'Girls .