Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

5 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Competitively, sure. 

Aside from the fact that i personally think the concussion issue transcends competition, the nfl pays a lot of lip service to the issue. 

Protocols were not followed. Nflpa should be sending them a letter on behalf of fields, but the reality is that nflpa doesnt take this seriously either.

It is all about power and cash grabs. 

Oh yeah.  Fields not being pulled from the game immediately was a joke.  He obviously took a legit head shot against the turf, and was also obviously laying there showing that he was affected.  Concussions are on the NFL back burner until the next big scare.

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

WOW! I was thinking Trey Lance value myself. Dude hasn't shown he can play quarterback IMO. 

Fields has a large amount of NFL game experience.   Lance had like a shade over 100 NFL passes.  

Lance was also traded in August vs Fields possibly getting traded in March/April

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

WOW! I was thinking Trey Lance value myself. Dude hasn't shown he can play quarterback IMO. 

Too light.  Lance never was able to show anything .. Fields has shown off some athletic skills for the past couple years, and there will be someone that thinks they turn him into a great one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Fields has a large amount of NFL game experience.   Lance had like a shade over 100 NFL passes.  

Lance was also traded in August vs Fields possibly getting traded in March/April

And based on that, me personally, I'm thinking there is still a chance with Lance. There is no chance with Fields. He cannot process fast enough to ever be a good quarterback. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

And based on that, me personally, I'm thinking there is still a chance with Lance. There is no chance with Fields. He cannot process fast enough to ever be a good quarterback. 

I think it would take a OC that could use Fields to his strengths.  i have no idea if there are any teams or OC that think they could mold an offense around the things that Fields can do. 

The Trey Lance compensation was depressed because the 49ers were motivated sellers.  The Bears can intimate to the rest of the NFL that they're just going to take Marvin Harrison Jr. at 1 and then whatever OT is there at 9 and teams would have to believe this is a possibility.  The 49ers simply needed to get Trey Lance off their books since he was going to be the 3rd QB.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

2 years of a guy who can play or however many years with a guy who can't? 

not sure that it was a guaranteed 2 years.  I know that is what Rodgers said.   again, the contract and the age along with the other drama

Just now, squire12 said:

I think it would take a OC that could use Fields to his strengths.  i have no idea if there are any teams or OC that think they could mold an offense around the things that Fields can do. 

Baltimore could lowball CHI and Fields would be a decent QB2 for them with some potential upside.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Baltimore could lowball CHI and Fields would be a decent QB2 for them with some potential upside.

teams that are likely to be in need of a QB

Non-playoff teams:  WAS, NE, NYG, ATL, MIN, DEN, LV

there are some playoff teams that might be looking:  TB, PITT, LAR