Week 18 GDT: Dallas @ Washington - Win = Good

D82

washington-vs-cowboys.jpg

A big game heading into the playoffs. A win gives Dallas the division and the #2 seed and likely means possibly two home games where they've been undefeated thus far this season. A loss could drop them to as low as the 5th seed and a much trickier path to a possible NFC Conference game. 

Was wondering if anyone was going to post this GDT, haha.  I think DC will underperform and let Wash stick around, but pull off the W.  Something along the lines of 35-28.

On another note, Dak has 27 TD to 4 INT in his last 11 games and currently has the most passing TDs in the NFL with the best TD:TO rate among QBs.  A great step back for him after last year which appears to be an anomaly for his otherwise strong career track record of protecting the ball.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Was wondering if anyone was going to post this GDT, haha.  I think DC will underperform and let Wash stick around, but pull off the W.  Something along the lines of 35-28.

On another note, Dak has 27 TD to 4 INT in his last 11 games and currently has the most passing TDs in the NFL with the best TD:TO rate among QBs.  A great step back for him after last year which appears to be an anomaly for his otherwise strong career track record of protecting the ball.

Never thought I would say this, but if Dak throws for 4-5 TDs and has a 400 yard day, he should be in serious contention for MVP. If Lamar sits, Dak would have over 1,000 more passing yards and 10 more TDs than Lamar. Purdy has a serious case too.

It’s a shame that last second Miami loss will probably cost him the MVP. 

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Never thought I would say this, but if Dak throws for 4-5 TDs and has a 400 yard day, he should be in serious contention for MVP. If Lamar sits, Dak would have over 1,000 more passing yards and 10 more TDs than Lamar. Purdy has a serious case too.

It’s a shame that last second Miami loss will probably cost him the MVP. 

I think the Buffalo game was far more damaging to his chance of MVP than the Miami game.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I think the Buffalo game was far more damaging to his chance of MVP than the Miami game.  

I agree. That Buffalo game was a stinker for Dak, but if Dallas had won either the Miami or Buffalo game, they would still have a shot at the #1 seed. The fact that they lost both torpedoed his chance at MVP, even though he played good at Miami.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

washington-vs-cowboys.jpg

A big game heading into the playoffs. A win gives Dallas the division and the #2 seed and likely means possibly two home games where they've been undefeated thus far this season. A loss could drop them to as low as the 5th seed and a much trickier path to a possible NFC Conference game. 

#2 seed guarantees you the divisional round at home, as long as you win in the Wild Card. Also, likely against the Lions. What a huge boost to our chances of playoff success. Thank you Philly.

It would be one thing if Washington was motivated to play spoiler. But it’ll cost them Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. I don’t see how we lose this.

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

#2 seed guarantees you the divisional round at home, as long as you win in the Wild Card. Also, likely against the Lions. What a huge boost to our chances of playoff success. Thank you Philly.

It would be one thing if Washington was motivated to play spoiler. But it’ll cost them Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. I don’t see how we lose this.

Rivera is being let go at the end of the year - he doesn't care about getting Maye or Williams.