Off Season moves

OzPackfan

81.5/77.7/76.7

I'm just trying to make sense of this.

Just looking at the overall scores weeks 9-18.

76.9, 61, 73.5, 65.7, 71.9, 67.7, 88.7, 40.6, 59, 75.8.

If I just add the overalls and divide by 10, I get 68.08.  

Maybe there is some weighting going on in there, but this is really, really odd.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

81.5/77.7/76.7

Maybe there is some weighting going on in there, but this is really, really odd.

Their scores are not weighted averages like that. It's why a guy can have a 72 RBLK and 77 PBLK score for a game but a 88 offense score.

They keep their scoring system confusing enough so it can't be copied.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

81.5/77.7/76.7

# 63

T

GB

Is 383 your offensive snap count?  I get to 377 if I sort weeks 12-18.  383 is really light if looking at weeks 10-18.  

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

81.5/77.7/76.7

just asking, imo PFF has declined over the years, wondered if you agree, I see OL grades sometimes that are just flat out wrong, I use to think PFF was more accurate then PFR, starting to think I was wrong about that

6 minutes ago, turf toe said:

just asking, imo PFF has declined over the years, wondered if you agree, I see OL grades sometimes that are just flat out wrong, I use to think PFF was more accurate then PFR, starting to think I was wrong about that

Even prior to this exercise, I'd say that any PFF OL grades were to be taken with a couple grains of salt.

Now?  Even moreso.  

I cannot replicate what PackerRaymond is seeing.  And when I click on his link, I don't see what he does.  When he clicks on mine, he doesn't see what I do.  It is very, very odd, for sure.

Even his snap counts are different.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't know, there are teams out there that will be desperate for LT help.  It's also possible that Bak will be the one that requests a trade.  More than likely though if the Packers decide to move on he will just be released.

You mean like if there's a team with the leagues cheapest offense looking for a blindsided protector for their new franchise QB?

There's not another team in the league who wants a stud LT more than GB. If Bakh is healthy, he's more valuable to us than anyone else. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Even prior to this exercise, I'd say that any PFF OL grades were to be taken with a couple grains of salt.

Now?  Even moreso.  

I cannot replicate what PackerRaymond is seeing.  And when I click on his link, I don't see what he does.  When he clicks on mine, he doesn't see what I do.  It is very, very odd, for sure.

Even his snap counts are different.

absolutely weird, I remember seeing very good grades for Walker several weeks back  from a 3rd party, possibly sports Illustrated ??? can't remember, however we had been supplying him additional blocking help, since then imo he seems better, would like to see him finish strong, impress the coaches, little more security so we aren't forced to take a T early, we could sure use a safety, maybe CB, etc. but I'am pretty sure we'll take a couple OL in this class

5 minutes ago, turf toe said:

absolutely weird, I remember seeing very good grades for Walker several weeks back  from a 3rd party, possibly sports Illustrated ??? can't remember, however we had been supplying him additional blocking help, since then imo he seems better, would like to see him finish strong, impress the coaches, little more security so we aren't forced to take a T early, we could sure use a safety, maybe CB, etc. but I'am pretty sure we'll take a couple OL in this class

Dude had the #1 score in PFF a few weeks ago.  Week 15 I believe.  Like any young player, his scores have peaks and valleys.  

My god dudes.  Enough with PFF.  Just look how he's playing.  Want to see a LT get abused just watch the Jets.  He's more than servicable and on a rookie contract.  Can he be upgraded?  Maybe but he may also continue to improve with more playing time.  As far as Bak can any of you actually say you trust that knee?  I mean how many times have we been through this?  He would have to prove it this time around.  Also he's not worth the 21 mil in cap relief we can gain but releasing him. 

Murphy Gute and MLF all said he's coming back?  I call BS.  They can't be certain of it.  He's an expensive aging veteran with serious medical issues.  We need to get our cap right and part of that process is shedding bloated contracts.   I don't care he's good sure but he is NEVER available.  Any of you really think next year will be different?  I don't.  He won't be a Packer unless it's a super cheap back up type deal.  He can not be relied upon to play an entire season.  Gute knows this.  MLF knows this.  Murphy knows this also. 

Sorry Incog and Packerraymond you guys are just going to be wrong.  Only team that would trade for him is the Jets.  If Gute plays his cards right we might get a mid round pick in return.  Bak would have to play ball and rework his contract in order for that to happen though.  No team is going to want him under his current deal.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

My god dudes.  Enough with PFF.  Just look how he's playing.  Want to see a LT get abused just watch the Jets.  He's more than servicable and on a rookie contract.  Can he be upgraded?  Maybe but he may also continue to improve with more playing time.  As far as Bak can any of you actually say you trust that knee?  I mean how many times have we been through this?  He would have to prove it this time around.  Also he's not worth the 21 mil in cap relief we can gain but releasing him. 

Murphy Gute and MLF all said he's coming back?  I call BS.  They can't be certain of it.  He's an expensive aging veteran with serious medical issues.  We need to get our cap right and part of that process is shedding bloated contracts.   I don't care he's good sure but he is NEVER available.  Any of you really think next year will be different?  I don't.  He won't be a Packer unless it's a super cheap back up type deal.  He can not be relied upon to play an entire season.  Gute knows this.  MLF knows this.  Murphy knows this also. 

Sorry Incog and Packerraymond you guys are just going to be wrong.  Only team that would trade for him is the Jets.  If Gute plays his cards right we might get a mid round pick in return.  Bak would have to play ball and rework his contract in order for that to happen though.  No team is going to want him under his current deal.

If the knee checks out medically and Bak is willing to play for somewhere between 3-6m next year, would you take him or would you prefer to run with Walker?

No one is suggesting the Packers will keep Bak on his current contract next year. People are however saying that if he is medically cleared and willing to take a decent pay cut with some NLTBE bonuses, the chances of him playing in Green Bay are higher than him playing elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I wasn't being serious about MLF, Gute or Murphy making comments about Bakh. It was tongue in cheek to combat the certainty from some that he definitely WON'T be back. 

A trade just doesn't make sense UNLESS this staff really and truly thinks Walker is our LT of the future. Still, it's a hard sell to not build up the most elite OL possible right now. If Bakh is healthy, we want him. If he isn't, nobody wants him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

We don't need to worry about Bakh's knee. If he can't pass a physical, they'll work out a settlement and Bakh will retire. If he looks great after this operation, they will figure out a way for him to be back. So yes, if he's back I will trust that his knee is good to go.

• Like 2