Off Season moves

OzPackfan

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just called Bakhtiari, and he told me that he is coming back, but the team is going to give him 100 million per year.  We are cutting ties with Jaire, Gary, Jones, and not re-signing Love to make room.  Don't doubt it, we have a Dave hotline where all Daves interact with each other.  

If he can just double his games played this year it will have been worth it.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Love when people talk matter of fact about something that they have no clue about.

At worst I would bet Bakh is 50/50 odds on returning. More realistically I'm thinking 70/30 in favor of returning. I wouldn't be shocked either way, if there's a mutual agreement on a contract structure that allows him to stay, or a mutual agreement on a release to allow him a fresh start. The only certain fact in the matter is that Gute/LaFleur have something to gain by bringing him back and Bakh has something to gain by staying, which is why I lean towards his return. 

Forgot one other possiblity.  We trade him.  He's been MIA for the better part of two years.  We got one game out of him this year.  Packers get around 21 million in cap relief by parting ways.  Totally disagree.  He's not going to be back unless his knee is completely good to go.  Do you have faith that will be the case?  I sure as hell don't.  He'll also need to come to terms on a new deal.  I think it's highly unlikely he'll be back.  <20%.  Trade is in play we could maybe score a 4th rounder for him.  Probably the most likely outcome if he can clear medicals.  Again I have my doubts.  Walker is playing pretty well and we'll likely add another OT in the draft.  I don't get how you guys can't see this.  

Gute is going to cut bait.  Really I'm surprised that this is even a discussion at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Forgot one other possiblity.  We trade him.  He's been MIA for the better part of two years.  We got one game out of him this year.  Packers get around 21 million in cap relief by parting ways.  Totally disagree.  He's not going to be back unless his knee is completely good to go.  Do you have faith that will be the case?  I sure as hell don't.  He'll also need to come to terms on a new deal.  I think it's highly unlikely he'll be back.  <20%.  Trade is in play we could maybe score a 4th rounder for him.  Probably the most likely outcome if he can clear medicals.  Again I have my doubts.  Walker is playing pretty well and we'll likely add another OT in the draft.  I don't get how you guys can't see this.  

Gute is going to cut bait.  Really I'm surprised that this is even a discussion at this point. 

A trade means he'll 100% pass a physical, and if he's looking that good in the medical department I don't see any way they move on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Nah sorry Incog not buying it.  Haven't heard anything to that effect coming out of Gute's mouth.  We are moving on you'll just have to get used to it.  Younger cheaper.  The Bak resurgence is dead. 

Sorry, you're wrong. 

Mark Murphy actually weighed in on it, too.

He's 100% returning 

My off-season requests, other than replacing Barry, are pretty simple: (1) figure out the Bak situation (frankly, I don't care whether he stays or goes); (2) replace/upgrade from Runyan at RG (and no, this does not mean Rhyan - should be a Day 2 draft pick most likely); (3) sign a veteran, upper tier safety (the one FA signing we absolutely need); (4) cut Campbell (don't need him, take whatever savings you can find); and (5) draft well to fill holes/depth at OL, CB, S, RB. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

5 time all pro while missing what , 2 years? 

Joe Thomas has 8 total All pros. 

Not saying he was better than Thomas, but he would’ve easily been in the HOF had he remained healthy. If he gets healthy now, he’ll have  a good chance as he’ll basically be 33 when the season starts. When he plays, he’s still dominant. 

As for keeping him, that’s really hard to say without knowing the risk for re-injury. I know I’m a big Walker fan. He’s been incredible lately. 

Yeah, I don't see Gutey passing up the cheap option at LT when the kid is making strides.  He's shown it's not too big for him, and now he just has to get stronger, refine his game, and improve further.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

A trade means he'll 100% pass a physical, and if he's looking that good in the medical department I don't see any way they move on. 

This. 

Nobody is gonna trade for Bakh. He's virtually untradable.

Well, maybe the Jets lolz

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, I don't see Gutey passing up the cheap option at LT when the kid is making strides.  He's shown it's not too big for him, and now he just has to get stronger, refine his game, and improve further.

Inevitably I think it’s going to solve itself out. I like Walker a lot, but if Bahktiari is back to his old self , and the injury concerns are behind him then he will be our LT. Hes too damn good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

This. 

Maybe someone is just incredibly impressed with the 14 games played over the last three seasons (to be fair, they were an impressive 14 games).    Maybe they also caught footage of that one practice session he got in during that time (probably a super impressive walk-thru)

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This. 

I have no idea about his medical situation, but there’d have to be very strong confidence about his knee going forward. 

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

Maybe someone is just incredibly impressed with the 14 games played over the last three seasons (to be fair, they were an impressive 14 games).    Maybe they also caught footage of that one practice session he got in during that time (probably a super impressive walk-thru)

He's untradable because he's obviously valuable to GB if he's healthy and if GB offers him for trade what does that tell everyone? 

Only a foolish team would trade for Bakh.

My off season dream is bringing in King Henry to pair with Jones and a stud rookie RB. That would make this offense unstoppable.

We've got two more years of cheap WR salaries. Give me two years of Jones and King Henry. I hope we don't keep wasting money with Bakhtiari, take those savings and sign Henry, MLF loved Henry in TN, make it happen Gute!

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

and it's my opinion only a foolish team pays a player to stand around in a hoodie and not practice for 4 straight seasons.

Would love to be wrong and this is the year the medicals are miraculously reversed and David is not massive burden on the salary cap.    I'll take my lumps for being wrong in stating what I think the team should do and I'll be happy for it.   

My understanding is significant knee injuries do only get easier to manage with age and throwing good money after bad is always the correct life motto.    I'm sure by start of free agency we'll hear lots of stories of David being "in the best shape of his life" and those can only be true.    No sir, he's in the best shape of his life and there will be no regrets as to what this team could have improved in FA with an extra $21mil

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's untradable because he's obviously valuable to GB if he's healthy and if GB offers him for trade what does that tell everyone? 

I don't know, there are teams out there that will be desperate for LT help.  It's also possible that Bak will be the one that requests a trade.  More than likely though if the Packers decide to move on he will just be released.