Off Season moves

OzPackfan

2 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

Yes but it depends on how much money you want to add to that existing contract.

Cincy had Burrow on a 5th year option so whilst they added money to that they were also able to reduce the base salary which offset the money they added

So you agree adding 20 to 0 is less than adding 20 to 2.

Just now, OzPackfan said:

I don't like the Hurts deal structure whatsoever.

Option bonuses like he has just lead to less and less flexibility if you want to get out of the deal and he has 4 void years also which just push part of the problem to the future years.

Fine.  My point is, the first couple years of a Love extension are going to be less than whatever the AAV is on the contract.  Thus there will be cap space for other players.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Fine.  My point is, the first couple years of a Love extension are going to be less than whatever the AAV is on the contract.  Thus there will be cap space for other players.

I was never doubting that.

My original point that is people looking at 2025 and saying we have 100m of cap space and will be in the clear need to take into account that a fair chunk of that will go towards Love and possibly Clark.

Personally, I'd prefer we pay as we go with Love and not try to get a few cheap years with money pushed back to the later years.

Edited by OzPackfan

2 hours ago, OzPackfan said:

When we extend Love and Clark the 2025 cap doesn't have as much wiggle room as many expect.

It only looks good on OTC and Spotrac now because those deals haven't been done yet.

Thank you for that info

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Bakh wants the HOF, I bet. If he's smart, he sees the offensive upside here and will be willing to work with the team to stay here.

Can't shake the feeling he's going to be out there for us in 2024. Not sure why. Just a hunch.

At what price? That's the real question.

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Bakh wants the HOF, I bet. If he's smart, he sees the offensive upside here and will be willing to work with the team to stay here.

Can't shake the feeling he's going to be out there for us in 2024. Not sure why. Just a hunch.

Out there on the field actually suited up and playing regularly -or - out there in a hoodie for games and practices like the last three years -or- "out there" attending ayahuasca ceremonies like his pal?

Will be 33 at start of season and has played 13 of a possible 50 regular season games over the last 3 seasons.   Probably participated in a total of 13 practices over that same timeframe.     It's just time to move on.   

29 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Will be 33 at start of season and has played 13 of a possible 50 regular season games over the last 3 seasons.   Probably participated in a total of 13 practices over that same timeframe.     It's just time to move on.   

Unless it's better value not to

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Unless it's better value not to

Where is the value in paying any amount of $ for Bakhtiari to stand on the sidelines in a hoodie?

21 million reasons it's a better value to move on.   Plus a couple more trainers dedicated to Watson's hammies....:)

We should stop trying to make the dream of Bahktiari's good health a thing just like the people of New Orleans need to stop trying to make Michael Thomas a thing

7 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Where is the value in paying any amount of $ for Bakhtiari to stand on the sidelines in a hoodie?

21 million reasons it's a better value to move on.   Plus a couple more trainers dedicated to Watson's hammies....:)

We should stop trying to make the dream of Bahktiari's good health a thing just like the people of New Orleans need to stop trying to make Michael Thomas a thing

Gonna keep receipts from those who thought Bakh should be cut in January 2024 without knowing absolutely anything about his latest health updates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Tbh i dont perceive bakhs career to be that prolific. Elite for a few years but not in the same conversation as joe thomas..

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Bak's HOF chances evaporated along with his playing time after the injury.  I think he would have had a good shot if not for the injury.