Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You are seeing more and more it’s down to Peters and Cunningham. Not positive but does the Analytical methodology give Ian a leg up? 2 really good candidates and I know most people are hoping for Peter’s and for good reason. 

Maybe. Shen creates an arm for us to just hire the best person. Either because Shen covers something Peters doesn’t know or complements Ian’s strength. You could almost argue either way. 

• Like 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I don’t know anything about Cunningham but what exactly have the bears done to make him an attractive candidate?

It’s his history with the Ravens and Eagles too. He hasn’t actually been with the Bears too long. Local guy. Just seen as one of the bright up and comers. 

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-assistant-gm-ian-cunningham-rising-star

• Like 1

Don’t think you can (or should) hire both. 

Two guys who are currently second on their respective totem poles, fighting to move up so they can finally assume full control of an organization. You can’t make them share. That’s not what they’re seeking. 

There can only be one King.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Just hire both. Make Peters Pres and make Cunningham GM. 

Is Peters a business person though? I guess it doesn’t matter, they can retain Jason Wright for that role and give him a different title and it’s also true that they still owners who are great business men in Harris, Rales & Magic, so do they really need that many more business people?

The argument could be made that Peters could be team president in more of a football capacity than they usually are and Cunningham would be the GM as you said.

This would be similar to the Wizards model with Winger being team President and Dawkins being GM.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

That's what Snyder did when Riverra wanted Hurney/ and Or Mayhew !

Rivera was still the shot-caller on the personnel side.  Both of these guys want to be the shot caller.  I don’t think you can or should hire both.  

• Like 2

First time I've seen this-just read Keim says we're hiring a Pres of Football Operations AND a G M .. 

Can't link it - it's on Bleacher Report . Correction, Hogs Haven under KyleSmithforGM

Edited by RSkinGM

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

First time I've seen this-just read Keim says we're hiring a Pres of Football Operations AND a G M .. 

Can't link it - it's on Bleacher Report . Correction, Hogs Haven under KyleSmithforGM

Yeah I wouldn’t listen to that