2023 Wild Card Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 2) Dallas Cowboys

Who wins?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Green Bay Packers
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2024 at 09:30 PM

8 minutes ago, Eternal said:

Cowboys are going to be pumped and most likely come out blazing against the Packers. I'll be shocked if Dallas doesn't take a comfortable lead early. I have no trust in Packers D.

An early exit for Packers could finally be the nudge it takes to get our defensive coordinator fired.

I can't see GB or Dallas having a chance against 49ers either way. I'm tired of losing to that franchise and would prefer to lose to a different team, and would be perfectly fine losing to Dallas. I'd like for it to be a high scoring close game.

Trust me, I don’t have a lot of interest in losing to the Niners, either.. lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

28 people picked this mediocre Packers team to beat a team that doesn't lose at home. Wow lol

I mean, at least the Packers didn't lose to the Arizona Cardinals without Kyler Murray.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not fully dismissing the validity of what you’ve said lol. Not all stats are equal, though. You can clap for 3rd down % all you want, but when it ends with your team being in a one score game late in the 4th quarter against a Chicago Bears team that had scored a whopping 9 points there is little room to act like it was a strong performance. Points scored is obviously an incredibly important metric. Before the final field goal, your team was up by less than a TD earlier in the 4th quarter against a team that had only put up 9 points. 

Stats without context clearly don't matter.  Saying that it was a 1 score game dismisses that the Packers were never in jeopardy of losing that game.  After Green Bay took the lead midway through the 2nd quarter, the closest the Bears would get was 1 when they scored a FG right after the Packers scored a TD.  And they probably should have had a FG right before half if LaFleur didn't completely butcher the play calling.  But even after halftime, the Packers scored a TD followed by a punt which was followed by the ill-timed fumble by Jordan Love.  The Packers absolutely were in control.  If you don't believe me, compare the Bears's raw numbers in that game compared to the season average.  The Bears went 27% on 3rd down conversion compared to 41.2% for their season average, they were 0-2 in the red zone (compared to 57.1% for the season), and they were averaging 4.6 yards per play (compared to 5.0 yards per play for the season).  You can choose your stat of choice, but Chicago wasn't very good offensively against Green Bay much to the chagrin of Packers' fans.

I also never scoffed at the Bears. Of course they improved, but they still weren’t one of the better defensive units in football. 

I point back to the comment originally when you said "And again... it was Chicago" which implies that Chicago wasn't a very good team.  You could absolutely make that argument through the first 8 games of their season.  They were 2-6 at that point with a bottom 10 defenses, and a matching offense.

Being effective between the 20s is awesome, but you need to be able to complete the picture. If you’re one score up late in the 4th quarter against a team that had only scraped together 9 points of their own you did not have a notable good day at the office on the offensive side of the ball, efficiency between the 20s or not. I’m not saying it was bad, either.. but they certainly had some thanks to give to their defense. 

Again, you're tying everything into one stat and trying to wrap a pretty bow on it.  Let's say you get the ball on your own 1 yard line, and you move all the way down to the 1 yard line of the opponent before your WR fumbles it out of the end zone.  Would you say your offensive production was good or bad?  Based off your logic, that was a horrible offensive possession.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waterfish_21 said:

I picked the packers because i couldn't pick the Browns lead by Joe Flacco to win this game.

I picked the Packers because a Dallas loss would probably be more satisfying then a Eagles Win this week.....🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I picked the Packers because a Dallas loss would probably be more satisfying then a Eagles Win this week.....🤷‍♂️

I picked the Packers because my team has played both of them and I think the Packers can win. 

• Like 2