• ojabo edge
    • baker and $60M
    • bowles and baker
    • dt davis and g jarrett
    • vip view of the tetons
  3. 3. How excited are you for this?

• 10/10
    • Cautiously optimistic
    • I gotta baaaaad feeling about this (we can’t have good things)

2 hours ago, JDD said:

That game was within striking distance until the 2 pick 6 back to back. 

Down 10, getting a 3 and out and in FG range.  Flacco takes a sack there and we get to a 7 point game, who knows. That didn’t happen then we went from down 10to 24 in 16 seconds. 

Glad we made it to the show. Glad this team didn’t give up like most teams do when their stars get hurt. 

If this loss makes you dislike the Browns, you must me new to this. 

They beat both 1 seeds, had the 3 rd hardest schedule of any playoff team (ravens and Steelers had tougher by a slim margin). Played tough all year and had a bad game yesterday.  The games they lost were because of turnovers, that happens with your 4th starting QB. Wonder how that game goes yesterday if the Texans didn’t have CJ, oh wait we already know. 

Myles is a stud who didn’t take over the game yesterday. He would have needed to have 5 sacks and a couple tds for people to not trash him. 

I don’t really disagree with any of this but yesterday was still a winnable game imo and it was frustrating to see us lose the way we did.  

They whipped our defense’s up and down the field.  Not scrubs, but our starters.  

As far as Flacco, we all knew this would happen eventually. He’s lived on the edge with his throws from day 1 and has turned it over a lot.  Our defense has been able to cover those mistakes and yesterday they couldn’t.  

Still a fun year, just a disappointing ending.  Especially with all of the rest and prep we had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDD said:

That game was within striking distance until the 2 pick 6 back to back. 

idk man, the Texans were having their way with the browns defense early. Stroud barely missed, what 2 more TDs passes during that same time. Stroud had all day and looked confident with what they were throwing at him. That game felt a lot worse than what the score was before those picks

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

idk man, the Texans were having their way with the browns defense early. Stroud barely missed, what 2 more TDs passes during that same time. Stroud had all day and looked confident with what they were throwing at him. That game felt a lot worse than what the score was before those picks

He comes out to start the 3Q and goes 3 and out. If the Browns get points and then get another punt maybe things take a change. That’s not what happened so it’s pointless to worry about.  

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

dk man, the Texans were having their way with the browns defense early.

Yep, defense was playing on their back feet and their offense was out scheming and out executing us from the very beginning

Yeah even if we had scored on that first drive in the third, it was far from a certain that we'd win the game. But it at least would have been competitive at that point. But that pick six made it super hard to come back from and the momentum had totally swung in Houston's favor. The next pick six sealed it and everyone knew the game was over at that point.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:43 PM, buno67 said:

This is how I remember it as well. With like 5 minutes left in this first half I texted my friends “we should be down 14+ points but only down 3. We are getting lucky so let’s capitalize”

after that we got outscored 28-0

11 hours ago, roger murdock said:

This is how I remember it as well. With like 5 minutes left in this first half I texted my friends “we should be down 14+ points but only down 3. We are getting lucky so let’s capitalize”

after that we got outscored 28-0

Yeah, by halftime me and my friend were in the kitchen devouring eats and drinking margaritas for the rest of the afternoon while our women were still in the living room in front of the TV clinging to the false hope that we actually showed up to play a football game.