AFC Wildcard Round: #7 Pittsburgh @ #2 Buffalo

Trentwannabe

Who Wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this AFC Battle

23 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Idk why it took this long like if they did it earlier I'm the week at least people could have gotten some of their money back for accommodations and the like. 

Think you answered your own question. NFL doesn't care about the fans attending these games, they care about the 200M+ potentially watching and TV revenues.

NFL was 🙏 for the weather to change until the very last possible moment not for people's safety to the game but the revenue lost moving the game to another Monday. 

It now effects what games they were hoping to schedule for next Sat/Sun slate. They don't care about Eagles-Bucs, the NFL doesn't potentially want the Bills Cinderella story comeback on a short week potentially playing a Sat game vs ......KC? Balt? Whomever. 

That's now in play as well if they win, effectively changing that "schedule" already planned too.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

They don't care about Eagles-Bucs, the NFL doesn't potentially want the Bills Cinderella storyon a short week potentially playing a Sat game vs ......KC? Balt? Whomever. 

I get what you saying but the Bills would have been on a short week compared to their opponent anyway. I could still see the Bills playing Saturday night should they win this weekend. That's still more rest than a Thursday night game.

Buffalo is soft. They are moving the game with a forecast of 21F and 25 mph winds to 19F and 22 mph winds. Talking about ******* soft, 19F and 22 mph is basically tropical Miami compared to the 21F and 25 mph, t-shirt and thong weather if you will compared to the brutal brutal Fairbanks like forecast of 21F and 25 mph winds.

1 minute ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Buffalo is soft. They are moving the game with a forecast of 21F and 25 mph winds to 19F and 22 mph winds. Talking about ******* soft, 19F and 22 mph is basically tropical Miami compared to the 21F and 25 mph, t-shirt and thong weather if you will compared to the brutal brutal Fairbanks like forecast of 21F and 25 mph winds.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Clueless lol. Do you think the bills made this call?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

I actually don't so honest question.  What is the forecast for both days? I see Weather Channel forecast for Orchard Park? Is it safety concerns of Winds upwards of (60mph ???) thing or really a snowfall we're about to get dumped on (5ft) thing?

Sun 14 | Day

25°

85%
WSW26 MPH

Periods of snow and windy. High around 25F. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches. Heavier amounts in persistent snowbands.

Mon 15 | Day

18°

50%
SW15 MPH

Mostly cloudy with snow showers during the morning. High 18F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

21 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

50+ people died in last years blizzard. Can't waste first responders on a game and they don't want/need 70+ thousand people all in one place if travel becomes impossible and the power goes out.

Assuming this is why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Assuming this is why?

Yes. My comment to that guy is more of calling Buffalo soft. As if it was the Bills decision in any way whatsoever.

As far as I know the main concern is the travel to and from the game and having first responders occupied at the stadium. The wind and tempature certainly isn't a worry. I thinks its the expected snow. 

• Like 2

Just now, The BILLievers said:

Clueless lol. Do you think the bills made this call?

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I actually don't so honest question.  What is the forecast for both days? I see Weather Channel forecast for Orchard Park? Is it safety concerns of Winds upwards of (60mph ???) thing or really a snowfall we're about to get dumped on (5ft) thing?

Sun 14 | Day

25°

85%
WSW26 MPH

Periods of snow and windy. High around 25F. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches. Heavier amounts in persistent snowbands.

Mon 15 | Day

18°

50%
SW15 MPH

Mostly cloudy with snow showers during the morning. High 18F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Assuming this is why?

It is mostly a travel concern and well clearing the snow so people can actually get to the game. The forecast for both dates temps and wind wise seems to be about the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

It is mostly a travel concern and well clearing the snow so people can actually get to the game. The forecast for both dates temps and wind wise seems to be about the same. 

The state of NY doesn’t want 70,000 people and first responders traveling in a white out blizzard. Nothing to do with the bills and the field conditions. A lot of people died last year in a Buffalo snow storm. This was a government / state decision, not the Buffalo bills pushing the game to Monday. 

I live in Chicago and we just got hit with the storm that’s heading to Buffalo. It was pretty bad and sounds like it’s going to intensify. All the bills Twitter accounts I follow say the snowfall is going to be the worst at 1pm Sunday (original game time).

• Like 2

This forces Cleveland/Houston in the early window @Balt next Sat and KC will travel to Buffalo probably in the early window Sunday. Hopefully Cowboys Saturday night and eagles/Bucs in SF late window

Edited by WheatieMan