Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

16 hours ago, R T said:

For those that can't figure out why Bisaccia wants most kicks returned against him.  

So you took this for he wants his team to kick short every time. Talk about reading into things. They get those tackles cause their kicker has a wimpy leg sorry RT but that doesn't say what you said it did. 

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Nixon getting all pro kr must be a joke

Just thinking about it, it's probably an acknowledgement of how many teams adjusted their KO strategy when playing GB and avoided kicking short.

EDIT: Or maybe not.  Looks like Nixon has the most returns in the league by a healthy margin.  Would be nice if the stats showed avg starting field position as well as the raw average for return yards.

Edited by Mazrimiv

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Stop using facts.  Incoherent rambling works best.

So is Rich saying his decision making reflects the first or second stat he noted? Seeing RT posted this due to my comments about Karlson's wee leg. Does anyone know for sure maybe the decision making was regarding Nixon running out every kick which he hasn't been of late. Karlson still can't kick past further than 2 yards deep though:). 

With that said this forum has become so toxic if someone doesn't agree it's " insane " or " incoherent " or the worse name calling starts. No wonder no one likes the US awful rude folks! I posted a few things recently all my own opinion's whether wrong or right and dam anyone that didn't agree comes on strong right away. Why the internet sucks best to read more nad post less. So disagree that's fine but save your personal comments and crap for yourself. 

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll be surprised if GB wins.  Big time.

As has been said....house money.  Who cares.  Play the game, get the experience for our young guys and move on to another game or the off-season.

It's all gravy for GB.  We know the coach is good.  We know the young QB is good, and it looks like we have a lot of young, very good players on the roster.  I went into the season wanting to get questions answered about our coach and young QB.  Both were answered.  The nice surprise was just how good the young players on offense have been.

All gravy.  Winning a playoff game would be dessert!

Why that much? I think Dallas is a very good team, I don’t think they’re great. I’m fairly confident in our offense at least. 

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

So is Rich saying his decision making reflects the first or second stat he noted? Seeing RT posted this due to my comments about Karlson's wee leg. Does anyone know for sure maybe the decision making was regarding Nixon running out every kick which he hasn't been of late. Karlson still can't kick past further than 2 yards deep though:). 

With that said this forum has become so toxic if someone doesn't agree it's " insane " or " incoherent " or the worse name calling starts. No wonder no one likes the US awful rude folks! I posted a few things recently all my own opinion's whether wrong or right and dam anyone that didn't agree comes on strong right away. Why the internet sucks best to read more nad post less. So disagree that's fine but save your personal comments and crap for yourself. 

I present - Exhibit A

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Just thinking about it, it's probably an acknowledgement of how many teams adjusted their KO strategy when playing GB and avoided kicking short.

EDIT: Or maybe not.  Looks like Nixon has the most returns in the league by a healthy margin.  Would be nice if the stats showed avg starting field position as well as the raw average for return yards.

Yeah anyone who watched GB and Nixon this season can see he took several out that were pretty ill advised. He obviously had a green light early on but was either reeled in or started using his head and took the easy 25 a bit more later in the season. I like that he’s aggressive but we only had a few returns that really gave us any real advantage and more than a few from behind the 20 because Key decided everything is returnable.

Punt return has to stay but I think KR is close to being phased out. I think it already is for most teams, it just might not seem like it if you only watch Packers games because we have a returner who takes a run at everything and a kicker who often comes up well short of the end zone. 

Edited by Refugee

Early in the year when our offense was sputtering, the risk of taking it out made more sense, it was a shot at getting an explosive play.  Now that Jordan is cooking, it’s like just give us the ball at the 25 and they’ll get some points. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

However, if it's outside the end zone, he returns it and (I think) never fair catches it. He also takes his fair share out of the end zone too. Maybe more than most.

KR won't be a factor for GB most likely as Aubrey leads the NFL in touchbacks and consecutive touchbacks this year (don't think he's had a single one brought out as they're all out the back of the end zone).  Punt Returns will be another story as Anger has a leg, but our gunners on PR are hit or miss and can give up some big plays.

42 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Ya they should not count the yards in the end zone as return yards. And you should get negative yards every time you take it out of the end zone shorter than the 25.

2 returns of 40+ yards this season good grief

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Huh?

He is BY FAR the league leader in yards and has a better average than the next top total yardage guys.

He's pretty obviously the only choice...

Both of those parameters are inflated by bringing it out of the endzone. 

The total yard volume stat is particularly meaningless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Both of those parameters are inflated by bringing it out of the endzone. 

The total yard volume stat is particularly meaningless.

I think it was a down year overall in the KR department for players around the league, largely because it simply is no longer common for teams to allow many kickoffs (well, at least outside of GB where apparently kickers are taught to kick it short for some reason...). 

Nixon was decent but yea, his numbers were inflated by his propensity to bring it out of the endzone. 

• Like 1