Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

Not that my opinion matters, but I'll say it again...if Jaire sits out over a "rolled ankle" from a walk through that happened 4 days ago, I can honestly say that will be the first time in my life ever hearing of a player missing a game because of that. 

I think @Packerraymondmentioned it before, I've seen HS players roll an ankle, tape it up and play on the same day. It's absolutely crazy to think that could keep an NFL player out of a playoff game four days after it happened, even with our overly conservative medical staff. 

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not that my opinion matters, but I'll say it again...if Jaire sits out over a "rolled ankle" from a walk through that happened 4 days ago, I can honestly say that will be the first time in my life ever hearing of a player missing a game because of that. 

I think @Packerraymondmentioned it before, I've seen HS players roll an ankle, tape it up and play on the same day. It's absolutely crazy to think that could keep an NFL player out of a playoff game four days after it happened, even with our overly conservative medical staff. 

I’m sure there’s different levels of severity. If Jaire can play, he will 

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am going to have to get it for the Godzilla show.  I am indeed a fanatic.  I can wait until football season is over though.

The Godzilla show is another that I had zero expectations for, but has been plenty watchable.

46 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

While I agree with the overall intention of your post, I do have one point of contention.

The bolded part is actually when the best chance of returning to play happens. Your adrenalin is flowing, and the swelling hasn't set in yet. I know, I've done it. It was a worse sprain than I thought, but the rest of the game, it was very tolerable. 

I'll say if Jaire doesn't play, it's a player decision, not a staff one. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m sure there’s different levels of severity. If Jaire can play, he will 

There are also different levels of caution. Playoff game, win or go home, if you have a chance to play, you play. 

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What's absolutely crazy is fans with no actual knowledge of the injury making statements like this one.  As if JA would be held out for any reason beyond not being able to play effectively on the ankle.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Love has ice in veins. He’s completely picked apart the defense in the last two games, really hope that continues. 

Almost everyone here hopes for the same, except the few Rodgers sycophants who are vested in his failure. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

What's absolutely crazy is fans with no actual knowledge of the injury making statements like this one.  As if JA would be held out for any reason beyond not being able to play effectively on the ankle.

I think the definition of "can play" is the issue in dispute. Based on reports, the Lions appear ready to let LaPorta go today a week after being carted to the locker room with a hyperextended knee and bone bruise. He needs to wear a OL brace to even move around but the word is he's playing. Now maybe that's dumb on Detroit's part but in playoff time, I commend the decision being left to the player. If Watson and Ja say they can go, let them go. I still think that will end up being the case. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think the definition of "can play" is the issue in dispute. Based on reports, the Lions appear ready to let LaPorta go today a week after being carted to the locker room with a hyperextended knee and bone bruise. He needs to wear a OL brace to even move around but the word is he's playing. Now maybe that's dumb on Detroit's part but in playoff time, I commend the decision being left to the player. If Watson and Ja say they can go, let them go. I still think that will end up being the case. 

LaPorta won't be asked to cover CeeDee Lamb.

• Like 1