2024 Eagles mock draft's and discussion

3 hours ago, Last Stand said:

I think nakobe dean is going to be a starter 100%. At least based on how howie talked about him so my hope is they spend a lot of money on safety. Try to recreate McLeod and jenkins

I didn't think he played well but he did grade out well in tackling and run defense somehow. He looked bad to me honestly. They love him for some reason. Probably don't want to admit failure on the one noteworthy LB they added recently.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I didn't think he played well but he did grade out well in tackling and run defense somehow. He looked bad to me honestly. They love him for some reason. Probably don't want to admit failure on the one noteworthy LB they added recently.

That’s why I think he’ll be made the starter at least initially and tbh if you fix safety and the other LB then he’ll probably be fine

make him the LB you sub out in nickel. I think he’s serviceable I just don’t think he’s all that good. He’s a fine 10th to 11th guy on your defense. 

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I also don't think we should put a ton of stock into Howie saying he likes a player in a post season presser. It's a lot easier to say how much you like/believe in a player than it is to say the opposite.

That doesn't mean I would be surprised if Nakobe was a starter next year.... just going to let the offseason happen and go from there. Actions speak a lot louder than words in this game.

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

That’s why I think he’ll be made the starter at least initially and tbh if you fix safety and the other LB then he’ll probably be fine

make him the LB you sub out in nickel. I think he’s serviceable I just don’t think he’s all that good. He’s a fine 10th to 11th guy on your defense. 

Yeah I'm fine if he's like the worst guy out there on the whole defense. Of the 11 starters he needs to be ranked 11th if he's starting. 10th at the absolute best. Problem is he's shown zero ability to stay on the field, just like Maddox who I'm done with as an inked-in starter as well. Both need significant competition.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I also don't think we should put a ton of stock into Howie saying he likes a player in a post season presser. It's a lot easier to say how much you like/believe in a player than it is to say the opposite.

That doesn't mean I would be surprised if Nakobe was a starter next year.... just going to let the offseason happen and go from there. Actions speak a lot louder than words in this game.

I get all that but I just think Howie is gonna try to prop him up as much as he can for as long as he can so he can justify not spending anymore significant resources there.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

My thing is they did the same thing with quez and he was given ample opportunities until he finally made them pull the plug

i don’t think them naming him means he’s entrenched but I absolutely think it means they’ll give him first crack

I mean just even realistically speaking as of now the eagles have what? Dean and vansumeren

i just think the likelihood they bring in 2-3 guys that supplant dean is very low

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I'm fine if he's like the worst guy out there on the whole defense. Of the 11 starters he needs to be ranked 11th if he's starting. 10th at the absolute best. Problem is he's shown zero ability to stay on the field, just like Maddox who I'm done with as an inked-in starter as well. Both need significant competition.

Maddox needs to be cut. In 2022 I thought he was a top 3-5 player on the defense but he’s so unreliable. 

I believe dean has qualities that allow him to be a pretty solid role player. If he’s the 10-11th guy then you can trust with better coaching he’ll tackle and probably be in the vicinity of the right place. He could be like the guy we won the Super Bowl with Najee goode. I hope howie brings in at least 2 rookies or signs a good veteran in the 26-27 year old range

23 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I know you aint Insinuating Mc**** in the GREAT category...LMFAO

He wasn’t “great” individually but they were a great duo. I’d give anything to have 2 guys of their caliber on the defense this year

2 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My thing is they did the same thing with quez and he was given ample opportunities until he finally made them pull the plug

i don’t think them naming him means he’s entrenched but I absolutely think it means they’ll give him first crack

I mean just even realistically speaking as of now the eagles have what? Dean and vansumeren

i just think the likelihood they bring in 2-3 guys that supplant dean is very low

Quez is actually a great example of the opposite. Sirianni raved about him saying he could be the best #2 he has ever been around.... then that same offseason they traded for AJ and significantly reduced his role lol. 

I'd agree they will most likely not be bringing in two starter type players at LB, but I could see them signing a guy in FA and then drafting a rookie. Or bringing back Cunningham and adding another vet.

Just gunna wait and see what they do and go from there. I don't think counting on Dean would be smart simply because of the injury history at this point.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Quez is actually a great example of the opposite. Sirianni raved about him saying he could be the best #2 he has ever been around.... then that same offseason they traded for AJ and significantly reduced his role lol. 

I'd agree they will most likely not be bringing in two starter type players at LB, but I could see them signing a guy in FA and then drafting a rookie. Or bringing back Cunningham and adding another vet.

Just gunna wait and see what they do and go from there. I don't think counting on Dean would be smart simply because of the injury history at this point.

When it comes to LB I hope you’re right, minus the Cunningham part. Thought he regressed as the season went on.

would like a largely whole new group. Wish we didn’t cut Christian Ellis to keep Penny on the roster

which is still the strangest thing this team has done the last 5 years.

i hope someone someday can reveal what the penny experiment was exactly and why we cut Trey sermon with young legs over him.

i was fooled all season that penny was gonna be unleashed in the playoffs or something lol. 

• Like 1

Said this before will say this again. 

Quez is to Sirianni what Agholor was to Pederson. A pet project NEITHER  HC would admit until forced to,  that both actually Sucked! Needed to be replaced. 

I don't  care if it's a FA, Brittany Covey or a rookie like Malachi Corely or Roman Wilson.  

We better find a viable 3rd WR/Slot for 2024!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah there is virtually zero chance of them having an off-season plan that does not have Dean at least penciled in/favorite to be the starter at one of the LB positions.  I think it's likely they will look to upgrade the WILL position whether via signing, trade, or draft to play along side him and potentially sign 1 or 2 cheap depth guys.  I could see a world where Dean+new guy open as starters and they look to bring Cunningham back in a cheap deal as insurance.  To be fair Dean has played well when he's been on the field, but the problem is he hasn't been able to stay in the field for any sustained amount of time.  His best position is likely in the MIKE spot in this scheme and they will look to bring in someone more athletic/good measurables to start opposite him.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Said this before will say this again. 

Quez is to Sirianni what Agholor was to Pederson. A pet project NEITHER  HC would admit until forced to,  that both actually Sucked! Needed to be replaced. 

I don't  care if it's a FA, Brittany Covey or a rookie like Malachi Corely or Roman Wilson.  

We better find a viable 3rd WR/Slot for 2024!

I think they well draft one relatively early and it's a good year to draft one.  It's going to be an important position in Moore's offensive scheme.  I wouldn't mind Covey getting a few random snaps here and there either.  He seems like a good fit in Moore's offense and would be nice if he could carve out a role in the offense as the backup slot guy.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:28 AM, CasperX22 said:

I think they well draft one relatively early and it's a good year to draft one.  It's going to be an important position in Moore's offensive scheme.  I wouldn't mind Covey getting a few random snaps here and there either.  He seems like a good fit in Moore's offense and would be nice if he could carve out a role in the offense as the backup slot guy.

My money is on Laviska Shenault as a FA.

• Like 1