Vrabel Gone

-Hope-

3 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I gotta say after reading that I'm much more okay with him being gone now

we've more or less heard allusions to everything Rexrode/Russini wrote throughout the season. tea leaves had been there

• Like 1

That confirmed to me that Vrabel had to go (wanting full roster control was the death sentence for me) while I’m also more concerned with AAS than I was prior to reading that.

Her not communicating and acknowledging the elephant in the room with the Patriots visit snd her unhappiness about it, firing Vrabel without informing Ran, not facing the music about the decision with the media and leaving Ran pretty much out to dry….it all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

we've more or less heard allusions to everything Rexrode/Russini wrote throughout the season. tea leaves had been there

Yes but when the owner does a fake interview with the team website and they trot Ran out there who doesn't know anything so can't say anything it makes the team look incompetent 

1 minute ago, Justin615$ said:

Yes but when the owner does a fake interview with the team website and they trot Ran out there who doesn't know anything so can't say anything it makes the team look incompetent 

I think someone said it already. but winning will cure any opinions of the owner, as Burrow has done for Cincy.  
When was the last time we've heard Mike Brown talk about the Bengals?
I don't want a Tepper, Irsay or Jerry Jones type. 

I've concluded Amy is not the best public speaker off the dome. She is best in sit down, prepared statement scenarios. 

The one team I think is ran almost to perfection is the Steelers.  You don't hear from the owners. They have a proven history of patience and giving resources, etc. 
As i look through the list of owners, I can give you a negative about each one.

I think we look incompetent because people want us to look incompetent.  That's my view of if. 
Belichick isn't Vrabel, by any stretch. However, their last two years are pretty close as far as success. But one exit is viewed differently than the other.  Belichick was fired. But they are parting ways. 
Titans "stupid for not trading a sought-after coach."
Patriots not a word of them getting blasted about not trading Belichick (arguably the greatest coach ever).
We're stupid for firing Vrabel, Patriots or even Seahawks aren't for firing Super Bowl winning coaches.

And again, I know Vrabel and those guys aren't equal.  But just the narrative about the Titans has been and likely will be that we don't know what we doing, not matter what.

"Worst #1 seed ever."
"Tannehill just lucky, despite putting up equal numbers to Mahomes during our big run."
"Henry only good because he gets a lot of carries."
"We only win because of Vrabel."

Sorry for the rant. lol

But until we win like 4 Super Bowls in a row, we will always be viewed as a team that doesn't know what we are doing, just got lucky, or the team where the opponent lost rather than us winning. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

For some reason, I think Vrabel would be successful anywhere but New England. No reason to think it, but just a feeling. 

He won’t be successful unless he has a QB that can carry him. That man ain’t special 

• Like 1

I don't understand why people(not just in here) are so upset by AAS not having a press conference and sending Ran out, who wasn't fully equipped to answer the media. Like this is how it is done in the professional world...you don't torch the earth behind a high level employee you let go. When I was a blue collar worker I thought that's how it should be too, but since becoming more of a white collar(professional...sorta) I understand that's how the professional world works. If a CEO is let go from a company the owner doesn't come out and blast the person for poor performance to the entire company...they send out the managers to let there people know...even if the person was fired for ethical reasons. 

Imagine if AAS held a press conference and answered all of those PK questions 100% honest...it would sound like she is blasting Vrab's without him being able to defend himself...especially if you look at everything that was in the article. It's just not how business is done. 

P.S. Not trying to be condescending towards the blue collar folks, I was very blue collar for most of my career. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I really hope Ran is running the team.

We're so screwed if it's Amy. What an absolute disaster.

Nothing to me says that Amy is running the team. She makes final call but she let's her people do their job. 
She makes the final decision on stuff like who to hire, etc. 

But from everything I gather she isn't doing anything more than what she has in the past when she hired Robinson, Ran, and Vrabel. 

She has an desire to modernize the franchise a certain way. Ran apparently shared that vision. Vrabel didn't share it, so he is gone. 

Hire someone that thinks along the same lines as you, in what you want to see from the team. I think she wants to see more points scored and input from more people, instead of one (Robinson). 

She doesn't appear to be one that let one incident be the reason, but if you give if her multiple then she will turn on you. 
Using Robinson: Traded AJ. Missed multiple 1st round picks, etc.
Using Vrabel: Back to back disappointing seasons, Wanted to run it back with older roster, instead of rebuilding, Embarrassing losses this year, Struggling offense. Questionable roster moves (that if you believe some reports were Vrabel's choices, Dillard). Questionable wording in New England. Didn't want to embraces a new direction.

I would worry more if she fired him or others because they didn't this one thing or had a disagreement. But to me looks like she had sufficient reason to let them go. I understand why she did and I would have understood why she could have kept them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Titans: "We want the organization to use more analytics"

Vrabel goes for 2 to make it 27-21 vs Miami

Titans: "Omg why did he do that???"

635520020160086182-country.jpg

very weird note, but it was also "one member of the analytics staff," not some organization-wide rejection. i honestly don't know why the opinion of one person who disagreed with that decision even merited inclusion in the article.

40 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Titans: "We want the organization to use more analytics"

Vrabel goes for 2 to make it 27-21 vs Miami

Titans: "Omg why did he do that???"

635520020160086182-country.jpg

this was the point that made me be like...Ran, you gotta get your and your team's sh-- together