2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Is King getting info from the guy and he's trying to soften the blow for us when we hire Thomas Brown? 

I have no info. Lol 

Just trying to highlight all the guys somewhat. 

He wouldn't be the worst thing but definitely not my choice. 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I just read today that (unless it was wrong info) in-person interviews cannot begin until 1/22. I'm so anxious to have a HC lol...gonna have to wait a bit still

Same. 

I can't really look at free agency or draft picks effectively without knowing the coach. 

58 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

That's how I've felt the entire process. I honestly think it'll be one of Callahan, Slowik, Kafka, or MacDonald. 

I think Callahan. Just makes sense. 

His personality. Offensive background. Maybe be able to bring his dad. 

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think Callahan. Just makes sense. 

His personality. Offensive background. Maybe be able to bring his dad. 

I’ve felt it was Callahan since the beginning for some reason.. idk if it’s because it’s the bengals offense I like or what.. it just feels right 

If we fired Vrabel for another average to poor DC, yeah that will be a hard sell to fans.

I guess it's really all about who the OC will be for Levis if we get a defensive minded coach. I just want a guy who can scheme guys open and who use the players strengths. Watching what Johnson has done for Goff and Slowik for Stroud makes me most excited for them but if you can just give me something like that I'll be alright. I just can't watch anymore outdated offense

On top of that it can't be some weird guy who the players cannot connect with lol they gotta at least connect with them a little bit. Every day that passes I get a little more nervous 🥲

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

aaron glenn would literally just be replacing mike vrabel with mike vrabel. nightmare hire

Honestly, best case scenario of hiring Glenn would be replacing Mike Vrabel with Mike Vrabel. I’d guess hiring a DC with poor results would usually end with a far worse HC than Vrabel was.

Going after a different CEO type defensive coach would be such a ridiculous move.

Only thing that makes Grenn bearable is thinking that the two guys we want to hire,came from defensive minded/CEO types. 

Campbell is CEO and has one of the best offensive I've teams in the league. 

Ryan's is a DC and brought in an offense we all want. 

Also old reference, Tony Dungy was the most defensive guy I remember. In Tampa Bay he literally won games 9-6. 

But once he got to Indy. He brought forth one of the greatest offensive teams ever. 

I even think if Vrabel went to Philly or Chargers we'd see a different offense. And we'd wonder where the hell was that in Tennessee. 

Defensive guys tend to be more favorable to be flexible lately. 

McDermott in Buffalo has wide open offense. 

Rivera in Washington wanted a better offense that way wide open. 

In Tampa Bay they like to throw it around. 

Baltimore, Harbugh is flexible. 

It was really only Vrabel that wanted to play this style. And maybe it's because we had Henry. And he wasn't forced to do anything different. 

The odds say hiring a defensive guy might actually get you an offensive that we desire. 

But the fans and forum would hate it violently. We'd get jokes on by the sports world and all off season would be filled with complaints after every move......

Welcome to Tennessee Aaron Glen. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 1