2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

MacDonald.  Glenn. Both DCs. Which fits better would be the question. 

No matter what, people are going to equal Coordinator success as Head coach success no matter how much evidence shows that isn't the case. 

Glenn might be fine in a vacuum, but his connections are all NO or Detroit as a coach. Maybe he knows some offensive minds from NO that will come in and be good, but who from Detroit, on the offensive side of the ball, is going to follow him?

My guess is zero. They’ll all follow Johnson to Washington.

So where’s he getting his offensive staff from?

If Johnson weren’t the hot hire, he might be a great choice, we could maybe poach the QBs coach in Detroit to come be OC or something like that. Not now.

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Glenn might be fine in a vacuum, but his connections are all NO or Detroit as a coach. Maybe he knows some offensive minds from NO that will come in and be good, but who from Detroit, on the offensive side of the ball, is going to follow him?

My guess is zero. They’ll all follow Johnson to Washington.

So where’s he getting his offensive staff from?

If Johnson weren’t the hot hire, he might be a great choice, we could maybe poach the QBs coach in Detroit to come be OC or something like that. Not now.

Pete Carmichael is now available

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Pete Carmichael is now available

He has deep coaching connections. Also was on the Browns when Shanahan, McDaniels and O'Connell were there on the offensive side. 

Also don't we want to avoid just hiring his buddies and people he knows?

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 1

It’s Slowik.. if it’s between those 2 it’s gotta be Slowik right lol.

Callahan must not have impressed in his interview but again it is early and neither Slowik or Glenn have interviewed 

Edit: The Titans' interest in Aaron Glenn is a byproduct of them wanting a culture-builder."

Edited by 615finest
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He has deep coaching connections. Also was on the Browns when Shanahan, McDaniels and O'Connell were there on the offensive side. 

Also don't we want to avoid just hiring his buddies and people he knows?

That's usually how guys hire though.  They don't usually hire a random coach they've never worked with in any capacity.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

That's usually how guys hire though.  They don't usually hire a random coach they've never worked with in any capacity.

Usually. 

But just using Vrabel. He took on Lafluer with no connection early on. 

Or course that's how normally it goes. But also not always. 

Just saying if he doesn't have a lot of immediate connections, it could lead to what we wanted Vrabel to do and that is hire outside of his comfort zone and buddy system. 

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Slowik.

He just looks like he graduated high school. Lol 

Can you imagine him trying to tell Simmons to shut up and sit down? Lol .

Funny. 

But yeah he'd need to bring his Dad or some DC with a lot of years in the game. 

the reason i like macdonald despite being a defensive head coach is that he'd actually give us a schematic advantage on that side of the ball. as the tennessee titans we have literally never had that in a head coach, ever. i'm sure aaron glenn could get guys to run through a wall for him but so could mike vrabel, and so could jeff fisher back in his heyday. just feels like this organization will never learn that it takes more than that.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He just looks like he graduated high school. Lol 

Can you imagine him trying to tell Simmons to shut up and sit down? Lol .

Funny. 

But yeah he'd need to bring his Dad or some DC with a lot of years in the game. 

Yea. It's a tough line to ride. I think these young whiz kids lead by their ability to gameplan and show their players they can provide energy through getting the best out of them. Slowik won't be a ra ra guy, but I like the way he carries himself, the way he talks, and how he has an air of confidence and level headedness.

If we want something different and to evolve in the building I think we need to go outside our comfort zone.

We are in a tough spot because the players still were heavy bought into Vrabel. So you have to find a guy who has the goods.

I still read these as early insights and I bet there is a ways to go. We gotta wait till we see some of these guys come in house.

I think the only guy I really would hate as a hire would be Quinn. It wouldn't be exciting to me to go defense. But let's be real, I'll figure out a way to get on board with Glenn, or MacDonald. Lol.

• Like 1