2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Callahan also coached with Tom Cable on the 2018 Raiders, so he has connections with a lot of good OL coaches.

I think realistic names to look at for him to bring with him would be Derrick Ansley and Greg Olsen. Both coached with him and are available. Olsen has been Seattle’s QB coach so he may be due another shot at OC, while Ansley just spent a disastrous year as DC in LA, so maybe getting to be a DB coach again would be appropriate.

Hard to say who all he could snag from Cincy.

i know cincy is high on their QB coach dan pitcher, and expect him to move up to OC when callahan leaves, but it's possible callahan might bring him if he gives him playcalling. he'd be a first-time playcaller, but given that callahan would be likely to have a heavy hand in the offense anyway he might lean more towards a guy he has history designing a system with rather than a more experienced coordinator.

Edited by -Hope-

30 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i know cincy is high on their QB coach dan pitcher, and expect him to move up to OC when callahan leaves, but it's possible callahan might bring him if he gives him playcalling. he'd be a first-time playcaller, but given that callahan would be likely to have a heavy hand in the offense anyway he might lean more towards a guy he has history designing a system with rather than a more experienced coordinator.

I figured if the OC came from Cincy, their QB coach or their WR coach would be the likeliest one.

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

easton freeze mentioned on his show today that he'd heard from people in the texans that slowik wasn't ready, and i don't normally care much abotu that (as we've established) but he said something else that was more interesting/potentially concerning: that he had also heard that certain players on the offense may not have loved the amount of credit that slowik was getting. now, he did follow up saying that he probably shouldn't have shared that because it wasn't as reliably-sourced as he would like, so for all we know it could be rumor mill chaff. and it's also weird to me that any player would have that kind of sentiment after the massive turnaround success they've had. but if you believe it, then that certainly adds to the potential concerns about his leadership ability

I’m just glad we’re doing an actual instinctive coaching search this time. I looked back at our coaching searches since we got rid of Jeff Fisher and who/how many people we interviewed.

Munchak, Mike Heimerdinger, Mike Mularkey, Perry Fewell(4)

Whisenhunt, Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer, Jim Caldwell (4)

Mularkey, Doug Marrone, Ray Horton, Teryl Austin (4)

Vrabel, Steve Wilks, Matt LaFleur(3)

We’re currently at 9 known interviews right now. Over half the amount we had in our previous four searches combined. Looking back, it’s pretty disgusting looking at our “searches” since Fisher left. The Whisenhunt one was the only one that felt semi like a real search.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

if we ever want to see a modern offense in tennessee we will run as far as we can from david shaw. immediately on my nightmare hire list right next to dan quinn.

he's randomly getting a couple interviews

I feel like David Shaw hasn't been "a thing" since like 2015

41 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

he's randomly getting a couple interviews

I feel like David Shaw hasn't been "a thing" since like 2015

Does feel like it's out of nowhere. I know he interviewed last year somewhere but yeah...

The search is wide open. Can make a case for a lot of people. 

I'm excited at how many candidates we're interviewing. This definitely feels like a legit open minded, turn over every leaf, kinda search instead of the past couple of searches. Feels like the past couple we're just checking the boxes to hire the guy we knew we wanted all along.

Really curious to see who besides Callahan will get a 2nd interview.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I’m just glad we’re doing an actual instinctive coaching search this time. I looked back at our coaching searches since we got rid of Jeff Fisher and who/how many people we interviewed.

Munchak, Mike Heimerdinger, Mike Mularkey, Perry Fewell(4)

Whisenhunt, Jay Gruden, Mike Zimmer, Jim Caldwell (4)

Mularkey, Doug Marrone, Ray Horton, Teryl Austin (4)

Vrabel, Steve Wilks, Matt LaFleur(3)

We’re currently at 9 known interviews right now. Over half the amount we had in our previous four searches combined. Looking back, it’s pretty disgusting looking at our “searches” since Fisher left. The Whisenhunt one was the only one that felt semi like a real search.

it's insane how bad our process has been in finding head coaches. the year we hired mularkey and interviewed a bunch of nobodies was the same year sean mcvay, sean mcdermott, and kyle shanahan got their HC jobs, and we didn't even give them a look. not just keeping mularkey but the process to get there is without a doubt the worst black mark on amy's tenure as owner.

and also, it's no wonder the team was in hot water for running sham rooney rule interviews- look at those lists and tell me that's not exactly what we were doing. 

• Like 1