2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

eh....really depends on what johnson wants. he wants a readymade QB, chargers are right there. he wants to pick his own QB and likes what he sees at the top of the draft, go to washington. they're a more talented roster than us too. we're a better gig than the panthers but otherwise he'd really have to vibe with ran and like what he sees in levis to come here imo, because there's a lot of building that needs to be done.

Just the situation. Chargers have better QB.

Maybe the best is the Chargers.  You make good points. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just the situation. Chargers have better QB.

Maybe the best is the Chargers.  You make good points. 

The Chargers are in cap hell tho.. 40 mil over the cap.. so gotta look at that too

34 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

serious Q -- are there reports/articles/puff pieces on Johnson re: how he connects w/ players, etc?  I know he's an offensive wiz, but don't really know much about his personality.

I'm apprehensive. 

Something screams Adam Gase, Matt Nagy to me. Makes me uncomfortable. 

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm apprehensive. 

Something screams Adam Gase, Matt Nagy to me. Makes me uncomfortable. 

Ok, you’re going to have to explain how a guy like Frank Smith who doesn’t call plays doesn’t scream Matt Nagy but the guy who has made Jared Goff a borderline top 10 QB after many thought he was done makes you apprehensive.

And for the record, I like both guys.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Ok, you’re going to have to explain how a guy like Frank Smith who doesn’t call plays doesn’t scream Matt Nagy but the guy who has made Jared Goff a borderline top 10 QB after many thought he was done makes you apprehensive.

And for the record, I like both guys.

I have no reasoning lol. 

Frank Smith seems more in the Arthur Smith more so.  Just the way he has worked his way up and worked with so many people. 

Just something makes me feel he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room arrogance. 

Again I have no basis. Lol I need to read up more on him. But just my initial vibe. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I have no reasoning lol. 

Frank Smith seems more in the Arthur Smith more so.  Just the way he has worked his way up and worked with so many people. 

Just something makes me feel he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room arrogance. 

Again I have no basis. Lol I need to read up more on him. But just my initial vibe. 

I don’t really get that vibe from him but you truly can’t tell with a guy until he’s the head guy in charge.

Here’s a little background/puff piece on him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38508867/the-rise-detroit-lions-oc-ben-johnson

• Like 2

My only concern now with Johnson's offense is can it play from behind. (giggty)

But it looks beautiful in that thing when playing from ahead or within striking distance. 

But I'm liking Ben Johnson more. Outside of his obvious success. Personality wise seems like he might be cool. 

• Like 1

i think mike macdonald is probably the only defensive coach i'd be remotely excited about. his defenses speak for themselves, and he seems aggressive and adaptable enough to not try to tie us to some ball control nonsense on offense...but you never know lol

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i think mike macdonald is probably the only defensive coach i'd be remotely excited about. his defenses speak for themselves, and he seems aggressive and adaptable enough to not try to tie us to some ball control nonsense on offense...but you never know lol

I agree. I also wonder if younger, millennial defensive coaches might be more progressive in how they approach offense. The “Madden” generation is a real thing.