2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

hearing him say players over plays automatically makes me like him lol. For years here it’s always been plays over players. That’s why we always be trotting out guys like Raymond and NWI  in the wrong key situations(Ravens and Bengals). 

Maybe a new coach can get Burks goin playing too his strengths. Looking at his highlights make me sad cuz he don’t seem like the same player at all 

I know people don't like him but Burks can be so much more. Even if he is used in an utility type role. He can be more than just a guy running clear out routes. 

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I hope us having a bottom five roster doesn't hurt us too bad when trying to pull a coach.

Well, I can't say what we are now with expiring contracts, but this season, we were closer than some think to being a playoff team, with obvious glaring holes. 

This is blank canvas truly. I think that should entice a good football mind. They have to like Levis and thait is the only thing I'm worried about, because it was clear the league was divided about his ability. 

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know people don't like him but Burks can be so much more. Even if he is used in a utility type role. He can be more than just a guy running clear out routes. 

Yea I’m really convinced we were using him wrong because we have always been a plays over player team. Burks shoulda been used on screens and short routes in my opinion so he could get YAC. If anything we coulda used his big body in the red zone which we never do 

12 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Both make sense and I would be happy with either one 

smith is interesting because there isn't a direct carthon connection- he's not a dyed-in-the-wool shanahan guy as the dolphins job is his first time working in that system. he's also (as far as i can tell) only ever called plays at butler university over a decade ago, which means he might not be a playcaller as a HC, which has its own positives and negatives. slowik would be the more "traditional" hire if you're looking for an offensive wizard who is going to call plays. but i love what i've read about smith's humility, ability to bring out the best in players, and openmindedness. and i'm sure with carthon and mcdaniel being tight, mcdaniel's put in a good word for him.

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We prefer the guy updates! haha I'll have to read more on McDonald, but I think Slowik is top of my choice with Monken personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

What tree does he fall under

*Checks Wikipedia* John Fox? I guess you could classify him as McVay tree with working for Taylor? I don't know Cincy put up some points this year without Burrow and a healthy Chase. I guess I'd give it a shot if that is the route they go.