The Unpopular Opinion Thread

25 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

We should hire Vrabel as H C and Jay Gruden as O C .

No on Vrabel. 

And I always said Jay made some chicken soup out of a whole lot of chicken s. Jay was never allowed to be involved in the draft either. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Unpopular Opinions -

Caleb Williams will be an egomaniac bust.

Drake Maye is bigger version of Sam Howell and didn't want many big games this year. His decision-making is questionable. 

No one asks why a rookie QB was good for the first half of the year and not the second half, which is really really odd, yes?

Sam Howell will go on to be a version of Kirk Cousins, just not as greedy as Kirk. Remember he said he would return money if the team didn't do well or he didn't perform? Maybe Baker Mayfield or Minshew, both of whom win games. 

We should trade back. 

BTW... these are just hunches. I wouldn't bet my farm on any of it happening. As a matter of fact, if I'm the new GM, I'm taking one of those two QBs because, well, you can't pass up on the opportunity. 

+1 pretty much sums it up

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Unpopular Opinion: We should let Kam Curl walk in free agency. I believe Forrest can give us what Curl does at SS and Martin is the future at FS. 

I..... almost wrote this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unpopular Opinion: This team should sign a veteran FA QB (Kirk Cousins anyone!?) or roll with Sam Howell, while simultaneously drafting Offensive Lineman with their first two picks (or 2 of the top 3). 

I have to say, I’m a huge Kirk fan and I know it's an unpopular opinion but if we signed Kirk & drafted Fashanu or MHJ at #2 while spending FA $ on Brian Burns or Josh Allen of the Jags to be our RDE, re-signed Kendall Fuller, upgraded MLB in FA & signed a slot CB in FA or drafted one in R2 or 3, we'd go from 4-13 to a playoff team in one season IMO.

I know it's an unpopular opinion and I know Kirk will never come back & probably will never leave Minnesota but, I'd do it.

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Unpopular Opinion: We should let Kam Curl walk in free agency. I believe Forrest can give us what Curl does at SS and Martin is the future at FS. 

I actually believe this is true 😂 but, I’d like to re-sign Kam & keep him in the Buffalo nickel/WLB role while having Forrest & Quan be our starting S’s next year. 

6 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Unpopular Opinions -

Caleb Williams will be an egomaniac bust.

Drake Maye is bigger version of Sam Howell and didn't want many big games this year. His decision-making is questionable. 

No one asks why a rookie QB was good for the first half of the year and not the second half, which is really really odd, yes?

Sam Howell will go on to be a version of Kirk Cousins, just not as greedy as Kirk. Remember he said he would return money if the team didn't do well or he didn't perform? Maybe Baker Mayfield or Minshew, both of whom win games. 

We should trade back. 

BTW... these are just hunches. I wouldn't bet my farm on any of it happening. As a matter of fact, if I'm the new GM, I'm taking one of those two QBs because, well, you can't pass up on the opportunity. 

I agree with the Sam Howell prediction, I believe if he starts next year & we have a good to great OL with a balanced offense that runs the ball to so that he’ll be less of a sitting duck in the pocket that next year Sam is possible of throwing for 4250 yards, 32 TDs w/ 12 ints while rushing for 250 yards & 8 TDs. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

As horribly as we’ve covered RBs and TEs in the past……..I can’t let Curl walk.  I just can’t.  

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion: Antonio Gibson was still our best running back the last two years and if he had gotten the carries BRob got he would’ve gotten more yards & tds with those touches to just like Gibson did in 2020 & 21 while he accumulated for 2375 yards from scrimmage & 21 TDs (rushing & receiving combined)

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As horribly as we’ve covered RBs and TEs in the past……..I can’t let Curl walk.  I just can’t.  

Funny enough, Kam covers the TEs & most peoples LBs they love to hate, Jamin Davis covers the RBs out of the backfield & they both do a tremendous job at it. 

Depending on the cost, there's a case for Jamin to be re-signed as well. He should no longer be considered this team's best LB as we need to draft or sign a MLB who's better than him but, he's a good LB that we should give the 5th ywer option to and re-sign as long as he doesn't command a huge contract FA. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Funny enough, Kam covers the TEs & most peoples LBs they love to hate, Jamin Davis covers the RBs out of the backfield & they both do a tremendous job at it. 

Was going to be my choice for an Unpopular Opinion, actually…Jamin Davis is an average starter. Which is actually a decent outcome for a pick around #20.

No, it doesn’t make it a great pick or a win for us. But he’s a capable player, and that’s a hell of a lot more than many WAS fans seem to think he is. On some level, I think the primary difference between Patrick Queen (who is going to get Paid™️) and Jamin is that one of them got to play next to Roquan Smith and one of them got to play next to Cody Barton.

• Like 2