Bears fire OC Luke Getsy + Other Offensive Coaches

Madmike90

4 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Where are we getting that Flus is DefiniteLY staying ?? just bc he has not been axxeD YET ?  is this just speculation or has been made official ?

Just bc he made first wave of firings doesn't mean he is def safe 

Between Schefter and Rapoport reporting it and the fact that he's speaking with Poles in 70 minutes confirms it

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

How come? If they win 6-8 games next year, they're getting fired

very solid Oline, JF and 1.1, DJ, Cole plus PLENTY of draft capital and cap to further strengthen Oline and add any weapons you want 

16 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

very solid Oline, JF and 1.1, DJ, Cole plus PLENTY of draft capital and cap to further strengthen Oline and add any weapons you want 

I'd much rather take a job with an organization hiring a new coach because odds are overwhelming you aren't getting fired after 1 year

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd much rather take a job with an organization hiring a new coach because odds are overwhelming you aren't getting fired after 1 year

But their contracts are guaranteed still. Get paid 3 years for 1 then take another the next year. Get that bag, nameless OC!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

He wasn’t their guy. Which is why this was always the logical outcome.

Was there a tweet that Phillips or some other high-ranking dufus wanted Getsy? I think I remember you or someone saying they wanted GB's offense. 

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Was there a tweet that Phillips or some other high-ranking dufus wanted Getsy? I think I remember you or someone saying they wanted GB's offense. 

I’ve been saying it because it’s what I was told by people. It hasn’t been said by any media it was suggested by a few at the time if the hiring (the GB offense stuff). So like I said elsewhere, you guys don’t know me from a hole in the ground, so I’m not offended if you don’t totally believe me. I’m just sharing things I’ve heard from people who I believe would know. And they said it from the jump, not like it’s something new as a scapegoat now that he has to go. 

25 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’ve been saying it because it’s what I was told by people. It hasn’t been said by any media it was suggested by a few at the time if the hiring (the GB offense stuff). So like I said elsewhere, you guys don’t know me from a hole in the ground, so I’m not offended if you don’t totally believe me. I’m just sharing things I’ve heard from people who I believe would know. And they said it from the jump, not like it’s something new as a scapegoat now that he has to go. 

Was it a George thing? "Maybe we need guys from there to beat them" or something?

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Was it a George thing? "Maybe we need guys from there to beat them" or something?

I mean, if your rival is allowing him to come take a prominent role with you instead of promoting him somehow to retain him, shouldn’t you read into that at least a little? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

FWIW I wasn't saying anything about your credibility by any means, I was just asking because I have literally no social media besides Facebook and a Myspace page that was abandoned around 2006. lol   And I detest the Facebook groups so they get zero attention from me. 

95% of my news comes from here, usually posted by you guys. 5% comes from articles that get posted and usually someone on Facebook sends them to me to get me ranting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

FWIW I wasn't saying anything about your credibility by any means, I was just asking because I have literally no social media besides Facebook and a Myspace page that was abandoned around 2006. lol   And I detest the Facebook groups so they get zero attention from me. 

95% of my news comes from here, usually posted by you guys. 5% comes from articles that get posted and usually someone on Facebook sends them to me to get me ranting. 

What song is linked to your MySpace account? Does the page have a Bears-themed skin on it? THE FORUM NEEDS TO KNOW! 

• Like 1