New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

My thoughts only but the Roman interview being let loose was to strike up talk about Fields being kept, making 1.1 more valuable. Try to drum up value for a trade back. The talk with Kliff was to get talk up that Williams is going to be the Bears' pick, and try to drum up trade value for Fields. 

Poles might have zero interest in either guy but uses them, lets their names go public, and they get their names circulated too among the NFL community (which never really hurts to seem "in demand"). 

Until a hire is made I'm assuming I'm clueless to Poles' plans. Even when it is done it will likely be Waldron or Kubiak, so no real insight as both would be able to work with Fields or Williams anyways. lol 

I love the breadth of interviews they're doing, especially so early. Makes a ton of sense in lying season tio make their plans as vague and unpredictable as possible.  I believe they either have their target and are just doing research to confirm the QB they want, or are at least very certain with a caveat that the right offer (either for Fields or #1.1) would change their mind.  Makes a ton of sense.  Hopefully they have a press conference shortly talking about, I dunno, Peterman and what he brings just to put a bow on it. 

Watch them bring in both Kingsbury and Roman for different roles with bizarre equivalent titles and watch the collective "huh" go up from fans across the league. 

• Like 2

I actually don't hate the idea of Kliff. His offenses in AZ were good (obvious bonus that he's called plays the longest out of all candidates, he has a huge leg up on the other OCs because he knows Caleb, what works/what makes him tick, he's been a HC which would allow Flus to just let him run the offense and be in charge there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My thoughts only but the Roman interview being let loose was to strike up talk about Fields being kept, making 1.1 more valuable. Try to drum up value for a trade back. The talk with Kliff was to get talk up that Williams is going to be the Bears' pick, and try to drum up trade value for Fields. 

Poles might have zero interest in either guy but uses them, lets their names go public, and they get their names circulated too among the NFL community (which never really hurts to seem "in demand"). 

Until a hire is made I'm assuming I'm clueless to Poles' plans. Even when it is done it will likely be Waldron or Kubiak, so no real insight as both would be able to work with Fields or Williams anyways. lol 

giphy.gif

Thank You! Dont believe anything right now. Its all about creating chaos/value

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I actually don't hate the idea of Kliff. His offenses in AZ were good (obvious bonus that he's called plays the longest out of all candidates, he has a huge leg up on the other OCs because he knows Caleb, what works/what makes him tick, he's been a HC which would allow Flus to just let him run the offense and be in charge there

Were they?

42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Were they?

In 2019, the Cardinals ranked 13th in offensive efficiency. They boasted the second-best ground game in the NFL, and in 2020, the team improved to an 8-8 record with continued progress in 2021, finishing 11-6 with a playoff appearance

The Cardinals twice finished in the top 10 in yards but never cracked the top 10 in scoring under Kingsbury. The closest the team got was in 2021, finishing No. 11 in yards while ending the year No. 8 in points

In 2019, the Cardinals had historic offensive improvement under Kingsbury. While going 5-10-1 (a two-game improvement from 2018), they were No. 13 in offensive efficiency and had the second-best ground game in the NFL, setting a franchise-record by averaging 5.03 yards per carry. Kyler Murray was named the 2019 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. 

In 2020, the Cardinals improved to 8-8 to place third in the NFC West with 3 Pro Bowlers, and continued to progress under Kingsbury in the 2021 campaign with a hot 7-0 start and finished 11-6 with 5 Pro Bowlers. They placed second in the NFC West, losing in the Wild Card playoffs to the eventual Super Bowl LVI champs, the Los Angeles Rams. In 2021, the Cardinals ranked in the top-10 in the NFL in both scoring and total offense. 

i mean, that's certainly better than what we've been putting out there

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That is not a high bar my friend.

I mean, here's more

Guided Arizona to a playoff berth, 11 wins and a top-10 offense in 2021. The Cardinals ranked in the top-10 in total offense, passing offense and rushing offense last season.

· Arizona had the NFL’s 8th ranked offense in 2021 after finishing with the 6th ranked offense in 2020. It marked just the second time (2015-16) since relocating to Arizona in 1988 that the Cardinals had a top-10 offense in back-to-back seasons.

· The Cardinals offense has ranked top-10 in total offense, offensive TDs, rushing yards/game and rushing TDs in each of the last two seasons.

· Arizona finished the 2021 regular season with 6,352 total net yards, the second-high total in franchise history. The Cardinals had 4,276 net passing yards and 2,076 rushing yards in 2021, marking just the second time in franchise history (1984) that Arizona had 4,000+ net passing yards and 2,000+ rushing yards in a season.

· Under Kingsbury (2019-21), the Cardinals have posted 400+ yards in a game 20 times, which ranks 5th in the NFL. During that same span, Arizona has posted 400+ yards and 30+ points in a game 14 times, tied for 4th in the NFL.

· Arizona ranked 10th in the NFL with 2,076 rushing yards and 3rd in the NFL with 23 rushing TDs in 2021. It marked the third consecutive season (2019-20) the Cardinals ranked in the top-10 in both categories. Dating back to 2019, the Cardinals are one of just five teams in the NFL (Baltimore, Tennessee, San Francisco, New England) with 6,000+ rushing yards and 60+ rushing TDs.

· Under Kingsbury’s guidance, QB Kyler Murray was named the 2019 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and has been named to the Pro Bowl each of the last two years (2020-21).

· The Cardinals have committed just 54 turnovers in three seasons under Kingsbury. In that span, only Green Bay (37), New Orleans (43) and Seattle (51) have fewer. Arizona’s 15 turnovers and four fumbles lost in 2021 were both the fewest in a season in franchise history.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I mean, here's more

I don't question the statistics...I question the situational play calling...everything I have read about his time in Arizona says he got pass happy too often and was too predictable when it came to throwing the ball short instead of having multiple options in the passing game...for example for all those yards Arizona only had 49 pass plays over 20 yards...Fields playing in 13 games this year had 45.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Now 1000% out of Kingsbury if this ****** thinks it's a good ideal.

Lombardi is exactly right in the clip, we are trying to figure out our identity on offense

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

Lombardi is exactly right in the clip, we are trying to figure out our identity on offense

I think Flus knows the identity he wants and it's pretty clear from when he hired Getsy to now interviewing majority of guys from the same offensive background 

To be honest I'd be surprised if they hire either Roman or Kingsbury and I view those guys as more due diligence interviews and/or smokescreens

Bears could also be interviewing some of these guys for other positions besides OC 

Lombardi just likes to **** in the Bears any chance he can get

He already slammed Poles for trading for Sweat and how's that looking ?

Sports Mockery article, so take with as many grains of salt as required..... but

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/sounds-like-kliff-kingsbury-made-an-impression-in-bears-interview/

They're saying Kingsbury had a really good interview via "a source"

Again, very interesting what's getting leaked about this specific interview, and this one only...

My brain is still telling me it'll be Kubiak, since we're waiting for the 9ers in the playoffs yet....

But it'd be kinda funny if Kingsbury where indeed a front runner now....

and downright hilarious if he gets the job, but for Fields.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I think Flus knows the identity he wants and it's pretty clear from when he hired Getsy to now interviewing majority of guys from the same offensive background 

Lombardi just likes to **** in the Bears any chance he can get

He already slammed Poles for trading for Sweat and how's that looking ?

I'm not so sure Flus knows exactly what he wants. 

We've heard him millions of times go on and on about how the 3tech this and the edge and Corners that  AND how he wants LONG big ATHleteS that LOVE the game. He knows exactly what he wants on D 

What kind of QB does Flus covet ? other than one who is good and loves football, idk ha ha  

Does he want to pound the ball ? Play bully-ball ? Spread it out ? Somewhere in between ?? 

In his first year, the Os identity was to unleash JF, see what he can do ! Year 2, the Os identity was lets make JF alot more proficient in the pocket, guard against him taking so many hits... Its all on you Luke, here are ALL of the keys on O, you will run the show and I will run the D. 

Neither of these are really identities. 

Flus talked alot about adaptability prior the current OC search, but I cannot articulate what Flus really wants on O. In perfect fairness to Flus, maybe he has been handcuffed and forced to ride the wait-and-see wave of JF. He did express wanting more chunk plays and vertical plays when asked about playcalling during the season, but hellifIknow what Flus' identity is on O. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 4:18 PM, Madmike90 said:

I don't question the statistics...I question the situational play calling...everything I have read about his time in Arizona says he got pass happy too often and was too predictable when it came to throwing the ball short instead of having multiple options in the passing game...for example for all those yards Arizona only had 49 pass plays over 20 yards...Fields playing in 13 games this year had 45.

might just be doing what they do with prospects coming in. we hated the run-run-pass and reading from seahawks associated people that waldron would get stuck in that pattern a lot, with a high percentage of runs on first and second down

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

might just be doing what they do with prospects coming in. we hated the run-run-pass and reading from seahawks associated people that waldron would get stuck in that pattern a lot, with a high percentage of runs on first and second down

The thing is regardless of who the QB is we are still going to be a running team because Flus is always going to believe in controlling the clock...I would rather be run heavy than pass heavy...hopefully whoever does land the job understands the importance of both and keeps us balanced.