New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My pro comparison for Caleb is Wilson with more arm angles...I think he fits this scheme very well...just need to get him some more talent at WR like Wilson had. 

A hall of famer.

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

A hall of famer.

Hmmm...Hall of very very good...not sure he makes HoF...I would have Stafford in there before him.

Should say I think Wilson will get into the HoF before Stafford who might never get in at all but that is down to playing on a ton of bad teams...elite arm talent though.

Edited by Madmike90

I am optimistic about Waldron.  Seattle's Oline is not very talented, but were able to accomplish quite a bit. This says alot about scheme execution and getting the most out of your players, which is EXactLY what we need 

39 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

just need to get him some more talent at WR like Wilson had. 

I'm sorry to harp on this but when did Wilson ever have a top WR group? For most of his career his top 2 WRs were Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett. Those guys have 1 All-Pro appearance and 3 Pro Bowls over 17 combined years in the NFL.

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Hmmm...Hall of very very good...not sure he makes HoF...I would have Stafford in there before him.

Should say I think Wilson will get into the HoF before Stafford who might never get in at all but that is down to playing on a ton of bad teams...elite arm talent though.

We were all ready to give moon for Wilson in a trade about 5 minutes ago.

And he is a for sure hall of famer.

He hasn't been good in DNVR, but lets not rewrite history.   

1 minute ago, refundmytickets said:

I'm sorry to harp on this but when did Wilson ever have a top WR group? For most of his career his top 2 WRs were Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett. Those guys have 1 All-Pro appearance and 3 Pro Bowls over 17 combined years in the NFL.

I mean Baldwin was long gone by the time Waldron got there...

Lockett is highly underrated...most importantly he had Metcalf who covers up a ton of issues because he can win in multiple ways.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We were all ready to give moon for Wilson in a trade about 5 minutes ago.

And he is a for sure hall of famer.

He hasn't been good in DNVR, but lets not rewrite history.   

I don't think he is bad at all...I just wonder how many QBs from this era get in considering it might be the best of all time.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I mean Baldwin was long gone by the time Waldron got there...

Lockett is highly underrated...most importantly he had Metcalf who covers up a ton of issues because he can win in multiple ways.

I'm confused. Didn't you say the Bears need to surround Fields with WR talent like Wilson was? By the time the Seahawks drafted Metcalf, Wilson had already made 6 Pro Bowls in 7 seasons. If anything Wilson is an example of developing a QB without great WRs. Those early teams were pretty run-heavy IIRC.

If we're talking about Waldron's scheme specifically then I agree. They need a big-bodied deep threat. Xavier Legette looks perfect for that role.

1 hour ago, refundmytickets said:

I'm confused. Didn't you say the Bears need to surround Fields with WR talent like Wilson was? By the time the Seahawks drafted Metcalf, Wilson had already made 6 Pro Bowls in 7 seasons. If anything Wilson is an example of developing a QB without great WRs. Those early teams were pretty run-heavy IIRC.

If we're talking about Waldron's scheme specifically then I agree. They need a big-bodied deep threat. Xavier Legette looks perfect for that role.

I think you are looking a little deep into the comment...I was just talking about how well Wilson started out in Waldron's scheme.

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as having 3 good WRs will be important in Waldron's offence this is the other way to go.

I think he was pretty heavy on the 3 WR sets as well. So it’s not really one or the other in my mind. We need to completely round out all the weapons

9 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think he was pretty heavy on the 3 WR sets as well. So it’s not really one or the other in my mind. We need to completely round out all the weapons

True...guess it will just come down to what way round we want to do it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Then you get the uber-athlete at TE (Bowers or Pitts) and then do what I've been begging for, use the move TE as either the 2nd TE in 12 or as the slot WR in a faux-11 personnel. (Or even move them to the X and let Moore have more room to maneuver outside from the slot).

• Like 1