New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Hiring Brown is huge news…let’s not forgot he was a finalist for the Titans HC gig…McVay loves the guy so I am really surprised he didn’t end up back in LA with all their staff turn over…also surprised it’s for pass game coordinator given all his experience coaching running backs…either way this is an excellent addition to the staff.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Hiring Brown is huge news…let’s not forgot he was a finalist for the Titans HC gig…McVay loves the guy so I am really surprised he didn’t end up back in LA with all their staff turn over…also surprised it’s for pass game coordinator given all his experience coaching running backs…either way this is an excellent addition to the staff.

As the main OC I wasn't too high on Brown given his limited experience but as a passing game coordinator under an experienced guy like Waldron I love this hire. 

Don't want to get ahead of it but let's just say Bears O has success in the future then we can assume Waldron will be up for HC opportunities

If that were to happen and he leaves then having Brown as his natural successor at OC would be ideal 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

As the main OC I wasn't too high on Brown given his limited experience but as a passing game coordinator under an experienced guy like Waldron I love this hire. 

Don't want to get ahead of it but let's just say Bears O has success in the future then we can assume Waldron will be up for HC opportunities

If that were to happen and he leaves then having Brown as his natural successor at OC would be ideal 

The thing I like the most about it is everything you read says Brown is an outstanding leader...that will be really important because as much as his title is passing game coordinator he is really the assistant OC...he can oversea the full of that offence with his experience and install things which frees up Waldron to work with Caleb or Justin much more.

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

.he can oversea the full of that offence

I am absolutely not calling out typos here, I know my mind goes way faster than my fingers can type, but this one just really made me laugh. Because it gave me the immediate visual of Brown up in a crow's nest on an old pirate ship watching plays down below

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I am absolutely not calling out typos here, I know my mind goes way faster than my fingers can type, but this one just really made me laugh. Because it gave me the immediate visual of Brown up in a crow's nest on an old pirate ship watching plays down below

I have no idea why I would ever type it that way hahahaha...he is not looking in a foreign country hahahaha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I have no idea why I would ever type it that way hahahaha...he is not looking in a foreign country hahahaha 

I think I know what's going on here, Madmike has some inside knowledge that the NFL is going to follow the dev industry and offshore ("Oversea" in Scotlandish) their offensive play development.  Going to be fifty dudes named Patel yelling into headsets in Noida about "scatter double wide left, sir!" You just have to connect the dots. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

👀

I’m not making too much of this. 1st round pick who’s been his team’s primary guy basically his entire life is 3rd or 4th fiddle in a passing offense with two legit dudes ahead of him at WR as a rookie and doesn’t love his now former OC? Can’t say it’s shocking. It’s a data point and noteworthy, but what do the vets think? What does DK think? Or Lockett? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not making too much of this. 1st round pick who’s been his team’s primary guy basically his entire life is 3rd or 4th fiddle in a passing offense with two legit dudes ahead of him at WR as a rookie and doesn’t love his now former OC? Can’t say it’s shocking. It’s a data point and noteworthy, but what do the vets think? What does DK think? Or Lockett? 

I know.  It was just funny.

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah I think this is a real non-story...no offence to JSN but the dude just doesn't have enough weight behind him to make this sort of comment because in the pros he has done next to nothing and knows next to nothing...he has only had Waldron as an OC so has no real measuring stick...I would be concerned if it was DK or Lockett but not a rookie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The slightest criticism sends people other direction. LOL. Social media ruins people.   

Robert had best take. 

Then you have the bulk of us here who know the Bears didn't sign Shanny, but also can at least expect competence. And damn it that is improvement! Lol