Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Sunday 3pm ET NBC

Louis Friend

In the last 4 games Detroit has given up;

6 catches, 141 yards, 1 TD to Justin Jefferson. Win.
13 catches 221 yards 1 TD to Cedee Lamb. Loss.
12 catches 192 yards 1 TD to Justin Jefferson. Win.
9 catches 181 yards 1 TD to Puka Nacua. Win.

The only "loss" was the Cowboys. I have no idea how they're winning these games giving up these numbers.

The Eagles and Bucs have 2 great receivers apiece. I'm not sure which group I think is better and I'm not sure which I'd rather face. I love that we're so effective against the run, but this seems like a real problem that needs to be fixed somehow.

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

The only "loss" was the Cowboys. I have no idea how they're winning these games giving up these numbers.

The Eagles and Bucs have 2 great receivers apiece. I'm not sure which group I think is better and I'm not sure which I'd rather face. I love that we're so effective against the run, but this seems like a real problem that needs to be fixed somehow.

I don’t think it’s getting fixed until the off-season. The only other way I see it is if Houston comes back and blows it up on the pressure front.

however, the new strategy might be you can only beat us with your one guy and make your team completely one dimensional. If it works, although I hate it, it works.

4 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

They are taking away the run and forcing teams to throw. Then bend but don’t break defense. You can throw the ball 89 yds, but if we hold you to a FG or less, it’s a win. It’s by design. Yards don’t win games. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

They are taking away the run and forcing teams to throw. Then bend but don’t break defense. You can throw the ball 89 yds, but if we hold you to a FG or less, it’s a win. It’s by design. Yards don’t win games. 

It is a bend-but-don't-break with an element of "Gumbe" bending.  Allowing teams to pile up yards but minimizing points might be as much as we can expect.  

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

It is a bend-but-don't-break with an element of "Gumbe" bending.  Allowing teams to pile up yards but minimizing points might be as much as we can expect.  

Have to. We don’t have the pieces defensively to shut guys down yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, LionArkie said:

Who would have guessed that at the beginning of the season?

Not going to lie, I thought it would be the Vikings and not the Packers. I had Packers third. Jordan Love has played much better than I expected so quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:
1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Not going to lie, I thought it would be the Vikings and not the Packers. I had Packers third. Jordan Love has played much better than I expected so quickly. 

I think I was leaning more towards the pack if I remember right, but it was all hinged on who Love was going to be. I think this division is going to be TOUGH next year.

Edited by LionArkie

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Don’t look now, but Lions have the 3rd best odds to make the Superbowl. 😎 Ravens are 1 and SF is 2, but soak it up while we can. 😂

What is this new reality we live in?

• Like 2