Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Sunday 3pm ET NBC

Louis Friend

So we have until Wednesday to activate James Houston from the IR or he is done for the season.  I am hoping based on the comments last week that he will be ready to suit up since a pass rush will be helpful no matter who we play but especially if we play Philly.  

James Mitchell had surgery on his left hand so he is done for the year so having Laporta another week removed from his injury and Brock Wright healthier will be helpful.  

Another week for Jamo to get healthy and maybe Raymond can return as well which would help.  

Big thing is to keep our healthy guys healthy this week in practice, especially on that O line.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Getting James Houston back would be a big help to our pass rush.  I keep waiting for Ben Johnson to unleash Jameson Williams.  He made good catches on his two targets.  They really need to figure out how to use his speed and explosiveness more effectively.  

I agree I would like to see some more of him but also he was coming off a bad ankle so maybe wasn't able to do as much.  Also Goff has a rough deep ball so I think it will take a lot more time in the offseason to really get the timing down.  Him being hurt in pre-season and then missing the first five games really hurts the ability to create a connection with Goff.  

Also, there are only so many balls to go around and ARSB and Laporta will always get the bulk of them until someone can stop them.  It does seem Jamo could be used more especially when they are cheating against the run but I think his foot issue was a bigger problem than expected.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree I would like to see some more of him but also he was coming off a bad ankle so maybe wasn't able to do as much.  Also Goff has a rough deep ball so I think it will take a lot more time in the offseason to really get the timing down.  Him being hurt in pre-season and then missing the first five games really hurts the ability to create a connection with Goff.  

Also, there are only so many balls to go around and ARSB and Laporta will always get the bulk of them until someone can stop them.  It does seem Jamo could be used more especially when they are cheating against the run but I think his foot issue was a bigger problem than expected.  

I think some of it is the routes they are asking him to run.  If you look at the outside routes that were run last week and some of the routes that Josh Reynolds is running against the Rams, Jameson Williams would make those route sizzle.  Jameson Williams with his speed is the ultimate answer any team that blitzes a safety or goes into over-Zero.

Edited by Just Want A Title

50 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think some of it is the routes they are asking him to run.  If you look at the outside routes that were run last week and some of the routes that Josh Reynolds is running against the Rams, Jameson Williams would make those route sizzle.  Jameson Williams with his speed is the ultimate answer any team that blitzes a safety or goes into over-Zero.

I get that but Goff also has a great rapport with Reynolds and its the reason we brought him in.  Who cares how well the route is ran if Goff can't get him the ball on time or in the right spot.  They trust Reynolds, Jamo is still earning that.