Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Sunday 3pm ET NBC

Louis Friend

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

It is hard to continue to have a good oline play.  That is exactly what doomed Detroit back when they were close before.  They let a couple key lineman walk and things just crumbled.  I hope they can continue to backfill the oline and keep that as an identity under this regime.  

Yeah, I agree. That interior went downhill when Andolsek got hit by that truck and they never recovered. If I remember right, and I'm not going to look it up, Andolsek was playing at a pro-bowl level. This is the Lions luck...and even if they were doing things right, a truck hits a stud player while trimming the hedges. So Fd up. I know everyone wants defense next year (including me) but I want the OL locked up. I think that will be the difference if we have long term success or not.

40 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make with your last few posts. Is your point a fan can't be skeptical? Is your point you are a better fan because you are "positive". Detfan flat out said, so far it looks good which demonstrates he's not overlooking anything. He's saying what you are saying, just he has some skepticism. He's just cautious to declare them a dynasty.

He has a different position than you do. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. And the FACT is, we don't know how this is going to work out in 2025. I for one am nervous what we do with the OL. If Ragnow retires, Jackson leaves and Decker continues trending downwards...that could make things interesting for the future years. This team is built through the OL.

I like a lot of what Holmes has done. I trust him in the rebuild, he's earned that right from me. But that doesn't mean I am unable to be nervous, although liking what I see, as the future comes. Yes, Holmes has proven he can build a roster from nothing (although 60% of this offensive line was done with the previous regime). But can he continue to do it without all the first round picks and when not using rookie contracts? Time will tell and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But I certainly understand a fan's reservations on this.

Now, back to enjoying the playoffs since my team is playing meaningful games in January.

7 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

It is hard to continue to have a good oline play.  That is exactly what doomed Detroit back when they were close before.  They let a couple key lineman walk and things just crumbled.  I hope they can continue to backfill the oline and keep that as an identity under this regime.  

To be frank, I think we should let Jackson walk. He has been our worst linemen and played at less than replacement level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

To be frank, I think we should let Jackson walk. He has been our worst linemen and played at less than replacement level.

Yeah, I wouldn't be butt hurt if any of them walk outside of Ragnow. But as a unit, they play well together. I just don't want to rely on Skipper or Sorsdal as our new starters.

Edited by LionArkie

37 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be butt hurt if any of them walk outside of Ragnow. But as a unit, they play well together. I just don't want to rely on Skipper or Sorsdal as our new starters.

You forgot Sewell. He's pretty easily our best lineman. Rangow will probably retire pretty young tbh. We have to prepare for that.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

You forgot Sewell. He's pretty easily our best lineman. Rangow will probably retire pretty young tbh. We have to prepare for that.

I figured he wouldn't be let go. I consider him one of our conrnerstones of the entire team and firmly believe he won't be an issue in terms of retaining. But I didn't make that clear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

Meanwhile, the Tampa reporters are prepping for a long game outdoors in Detroit, lol.

While the reporter should have done her homework, she’s not a sports reporter. Apparently that news station got rid of their 3-person sports team and sent someone to cover something they have no knowledge on. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

While the reporter should have done her homework, she’s not a sports reporter. Apparently that news station got rid of their 3-person sports team and sent someone to cover something they have no knowledge on. 

Ok, that makes way more sense. I first read that and was wondering how a sports reporter screws that up? I figured it was some fresh meat right out of college.

Just now, LionArkie said:

Ok, that makes way more sense. I first read that and was wondering how a sports reporter screws that up? I figured it was some fresh meat right out of college.

I feel bad for her, she’s getting dragged for being put in a bad spot. Again, she should have done a little homework on the questions she was going to ask. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make with your last few posts. Is your point a fan can't be skeptical? Is your point you are a better fan because you are "positive". Detfan flat out said, so far it looks good which demonstrates he's not overlooking anything. He's saying what you are saying, just he has some skepticism. He's just cautious to declare them a dynasty.

He has a different position than you do. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is. And the FACT is, we don't know how this is going to work out in 2025. I for one am nervous what we do with the OL. If Ragnow retires, Jackson leaves and Decker continues trending downwards...that could make things interesting for the future years. This team is built through the OL.

I like a lot of what Holmes has done. I trust him in the rebuild, he's earned that right from me. But that doesn't mean I am unable to be nervous, although liking what I see, as the future comes. Yes, Holmes has proven he can build a roster from nothing (although 60% of this offensive line was done with the previous regime). But can he continue to do it without all the first round picks and when not using rookie contracts? Time will tell and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But I certainly understand a fan's reservations on this.

Now, back to enjoying the playoffs since my team is playing meaningful games in January.

A fan can be skeptical but a fan should also be objective.  What I see is a lot of trying to find the dark cloud in every silver lining.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

A fan can be skeptical but a fan should also be objective.  What I see is a lot of trying to find the dark cloud in every silver lining.  

I can kind of see where you are coming from. But I don't think he nor others are doing that as it has been stated by all on here that "there is a noticeable change", "have been wrong about assumptions", etc. The difference, at least to me, is that Brad Holmes has earned the right to be trusted. Sheila has earned the right to be trusted, however the Lions organization has not. Just depends how you view it through your personal lens. I think a fan with 50 years of Lions fandom has earned that right to be critical. And I do think the amount of time one has rooted for this organization plays a part in that "dark cloud" mentality. It's kind of like an abused pet. You put in new owners that care for the pet, and that pet still isn't trusting of those new caretakers. The longer that goes on, the harder it is to trust. Might be a little extreme comparison for sports, but that's just how I see the nature of things.

With that being said, this is the best time to be a Lions fan in my lifetime. So I'm going to enjoy it for the remainder of the winter.

Has anyone heard specifics on why James Houston hasn't been activated?  I haven't seen anything other than he is practicing but he hasn't shown enough to be activated?  It seems like there is more to the story considering the crying need for a complimentary pass-rush to Aidan Hutchinson.  It is tough to know what is really going at Allen Park but something about this seems a little off to me.

• Like 2