Divisional Round: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Sunday 3pm ET NBC

Louis Friend

12 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Has anyone heard specifics on why James Houston hasn't been activated?  I haven't seen anything other than he is practicing but he hasn't shown enough to be activated?  It seems like there is more to the story considering the crying need for a complimentary pass-rush to Aidan Hutchinson.  It is tough to know what is really going at Allen Park but something about this seems a little off to me.

Pretty sure his window closes this evening, so we don't have much longer to find out. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Has anyone heard specifics on why James Houston hasn't been activated?  I haven't seen anything other than he is practicing but he hasn't shown enough to be activated?  It seems like there is more to the story considering the crying need for a complimentary pass-rush to Aidan Hutchinson.  It is tough to know what is really going at Allen Park but something about this seems a little off to me.

I wonder if they just don't think he's ready to contribute.

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

This is the first time Detroit have EVeR had two home playoff games. 

It is but we can't be skeptical about long term if they have figured it out. lol.

im excited but this right here is a major reason to be skeptical 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

It is but we can't be skeptical about long term if they have figured it out. lol.

But at the same time it is a reason to believe in this administration.  They have taken us from a bottom 3 team to hosting two playoff games for the first time in team history in only three years.  The continued growth each year both individual player wise and record wise along with the exceptional draft records show that this staff is special.  They overcame the history and are creating their own legacy rather quickly.  I guess its a choice of being a pessimist or an optimist in how you read something.  I lean optimist but am careful to be too optimistic given our history but that doesn't mean I can't see what they have done and give credit for it. Yes there is work to be done going forward as I stated above but this group has defied the odds so far and I expect them to continue. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

@Just Want A Title Sounds like Houston was a full participant in practice today.

We have one more day on his evaluation apparently.  We are pretty healthy for this time of year based on today's injury report.  Hopefully, the know issues for Brian Branch and Kerby Joseph aren't too serious.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2024/1/17/24041278/detroit-lions-injury-report-divisional-round-tampa-bay-buccaneers

2 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

Dak Prescott is 2-5 in the playoffs.  Jalen Hurts is 3-2.  It didn't seem to help them too much this year.

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

But at the same time it is a reason to believe in this administration.  They have taken us from a bottom 3 team to hosting two playoff games for the first time in team history in only three years.  The continued growth each year both individual player wise and record wise along with the exceptional draft records show that this staff is special.  They overcame the history and are creating their own legacy rather quickly.  I guess its a choice of being a pessimist or an optimist in how you read something.  I lean optimist but am careful to be too optimistic given our history but that doesn't mean I can't see what they have done and give credit for it. Yes there is work to be done going forward as I stated above but this group has defied the odds so far and I expect them to continue. 

For sure in all points 

8 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I guess that makes us even because I have no idea what your rants about "being skeptical" are supposed to mean either.

Old people just are stubborn and cant be happy about anything, we just have to accept it.

• Like 1