2023 AFC Divisional: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (2) Buffalo Bills

Chiefs or Bills   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Chiefs or Bills

• Chiefs
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2024 at 11:00 PM

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

So Josh launched the ball from 12 all the way to the chiefs 25! 

With the trajectory and hang time, was this a 85+ yard throw? That thing was a nuke with insane velocity and accuracy. 

technically this is a 63 yard bomb. 

other than keeping the defence honest, it means nothing if the WR doesn't catch the pass. 

close is only good in

horseshoes

and

hand grenades 

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

JJ watt?? Post here? Hey baby Aaron Donald >> Watt what up bby. 

JJ should sign with the Lions ,  perfect help for their passrush

Since JJ stays in shape and all that, he could just be the SB UFA waiting for the right team and near the SB sign and have the rest of the year off. 

It won't be with the steelers though, forget about that

I was at the game.

I’m just numb to it at this point.

Josh did what everyone has been screaming for him to do… take the layups, and it worked. The shots he took he got zero help from Sherfield and Diggs. It didn’t look like any of the receivers were getting any sort of separation last night. Really frustrating…

McDermott has to go. HAS TO. Every single year his defense falters when it matters. The fake punt? On 4th and 5… not 4th and 1 or 2…5..

We cant just run it back for the 5th year in a row. You have to at least try something different to get over the hump

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

To think there were serious conversations about Mahomes being "washed" earlier in the season.

All those trolls have disappeared back under the bridge, eagerly awaiting for KC to lose before crawling back into the sunlight.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I was at the game.

Josh did what everyone has been screaming for him to do… take the layups, and it worked. The shots he took he got zero help from Sherfield and Diggs. It didn’t look like any of the receivers were getting any sort of separation last night. Really frustrating…

McDermott has to go. HAS TO. Every single year his defense falters when it matters. The fake punt? On 4th and 5… not 4th and 1 or 2…5..

We cant just run it back for the 5th year in a row. You have to at least try something different to get over the hump

Did anyone in the press conference ask McDermott about the fake punt? Apparently we had 10 men on the field, so only 9 up on the line when you account for the return man. I know some special teams units will have checks built in during the week if they see certain looks to audible on field to a fake. Something like if team A likes rushing the punter with a look that loads up the left side, when team B sees that they audible into a fake that runs to the right if it's 5 or less yards to go, or something like that. I know we've had some of those over the years with Toub. Got a TD or close to it way back with Albert Wilson on one like that, where we just got a look that we had prepped for.

I'm just curious if it was a called thing or if the ST unit just noticed we were light and switched into it. Because the thought is sound, running a fake against not enough men on the field.

19 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Did anyone in the press conference ask McDermott about the fake punt? Apparently we had 10 men on the field, so only 9 up on the line when you account for the return man. I know some special teams units will have checks built in during the week if they see certain looks to audible on field to a fake. Something like if team A likes rushing the punter with a look that loads up the left side, when team B sees that they audible into a fake that runs to the right if it's 5 or less yards to go, or something like that. I know we've had some of those over the years with Toub. Got a TD or close to it way back with Albert Wilson on one like that, where we just got a look that we had prepped for.

I'm just curious if it was a called thing or if the ST unit just noticed we were light and switched into it. Because the thought is sound, running a fake against not enough men on the field.

Not sure, but not giving McDermott the benefit of the doubt tbh.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

I was at the game.

The fake punt will get largely ignored because of the Hardman fumble right afterwards, but had KC scored there, they go up by 2 scores after a fake punt from your own like 30 yard line on 4th and 5.

It was a ridiculous call, and of all people to run it, it was Damar Hamlin who looked like a high school Make-A-Wish kid trying to run that play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I was at the game.

He thought it was a Disney movie with Demar back there. 😂 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The fake punt will get largely ignored because of the Hardman fumble right afterwards, but had KC scored there, they go up by 2 scores after a fake punt from your own like 30 yard line on 4th and 5.

It was a ridiculous call, and of all people to run it, it was Damar Hamlin who looked like a high school Make-A-Wish kid trying to run that play.

It didn't help that their punter still appeared injured given the punts he did have. Awful punts. If Martin is pinning the opposing team back that he had been prior to being injured, I think McD probably punts it there. 

This is a game I will wonder what could've been if the defense was healthy. Douglas was clearly still injured, and I believe was benched halfway through the game. Buffalo was down their #1 CB, their #2 CB, their #1 MLB, their #2 MLB, and their #1 OLB. LBers are the bread and butter of McD's defense, so going from Milano/Bernard (a top LB core in the NFL) to Dodson/Klein was killer. Klein was about to take a trip to Cancun when Buffalo called him to sign him to the PS two weeks ago, and had to start a divisional playoff game less than two weeks later, haha!

I believe they win this game with a moderately healthy defense. People forget how *** the defense looked in the middle of the year when the injuries piled up. Luckily, they healed up for the run in Dec only to have the injury bug hit in the playoffs. I mean- once we lost our LBers and Benford against Pitt- Rudolph started heating up and made the game close.

I think that's why Brady and co. went with a passing game with a lot of screens, short yardage throws, and ran the ball a lot. They wanted to control the clock to keep Mahomes off the field against his battered and bruised defense. It almost worked! 

Oh well, always next year, and with an elite QB at the helm- anything is possible. The defense just needs to be healthy during the playoffs. 

Edited by WizeGuy

35 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

It didn't help that their punter still appeared injured given the punts he did have. Awful punts. If Martin is pinning the opposing team back that he had been prior to being injured, I think McD probably punts it there. 

This is a game I will wonder what could've been if the defense was healthy. Douglas was clearly still injured, and I believe was benched halfway through the game. Buffalo was down their #1 CB, their #2 CB, their #1 MLB, their #2 MLB, and their #1 OLB. LBers are the bread and butter of McD's defense, so going from Milano/Bernard (a top LB core in the NFL) to Dodson/Klein was killer. Klein was about to take a trip to Cancun when Buffalo called him to sign him to the PS two weeks ago, and had to start a divisional playoff game less than two weeks later, haha!

I believe they win this game with a moderately healthy defense. People forget how *** the defense looked in the middle of the year when the injuries piled up. Luckily, they healed up for the run in Dec only to have the injury bug hit in the playoffs. I mean- once we lost our LBers and Benford against Pitt- Rudolph started heating up and made the game close.

I think that's why Brady and co. went with a passing game with a lot of screens, short yardage throws, and ran the ball a lot. They wanted to control the clock to keep Mahomes off the field against his battered and bruised defense. It almost worked! 

Oh well, always next year, and with an elite QB at the helm- anything is possible. The defense just needs to be healthy during the playoffs. 

And the punter thing also comes back to the coach deciding to just roll with an injured punter vs. getting a healthy one and letting Martin recover.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And the punter thing also comes back to the coach deciding to just roll with an injured punter vs. getting a healthy one and letting Martin recover.

They did add Hack to the practice squad. He's a terrible punter, though. Probably a better option than Martin given the injury, but it still would've been an issue.

It was just the perfect recipe for a letdown game. That's how it goes for teams sometimes. The injury bug hits at the worst moment. The Chiefs lost a SB because their entire O line was injured. 

That being said, I'm glad I don't have to stress about football for a while. My heart is happy about that, too, hehe. 

Just now, WizeGuy said:

They did add Hack to the practice squad. He's a terrible punter, though. Probably a better option than Martin given the injury, but it still would've been an issue.

It was just the perfect recipe for a letdown game. That's how it goes for teams sometimes. The injury bug hits at the worst moment. The Chiefs lost a SB because their entire O line was injured. 

That being said, I'm glad I don't have to stress about football for a while. My heart is happy about that, too, hehe. 

Hard to replace an entire OL - I don't think it's very hard to find a punter who doesn't entirely suck and force you into horrible decisions because he cannot physically kick a football.

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

People were so busy dogging Lamar Jackson for being a HB they didn't stop to think, maybe Josh Allen's the real HB at QB all along.

Because his defense ish the bed and he was forced to everything without much help. Everyone let Josh down. offense, defense and St and still only lost by 3. Everyone let the brother down.