AFC Divisional Round: 4) Houston Texans @ 1) B'more 'Vens

Longhorns90

Who ya got?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• 4.) Houston Texans
    • 1.) Baltimore Ravens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2024 at 11:30 PM

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

They failed time and time again down the stretch because their QB was all ****ed up and the wheels came off.  If Lawrence were healthy though, it'd be a matchup.

If he was injured in week 18, do you think one more week would've just magically healed him?! I'm confused here.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like this is making more excuses for CJ than just the obvious answer of...he got overwhelmed by the moment and overwhelmed by the matchup.

Lawrence rises above that, but no...he spent the last couple months of the season injured so we got this matchup instead.  And it turned out to be a total dud in the second half as the Ravens ran away with it and CJ didn't have any answers.

Coaching staff called a very conservative game, not like the previous game. CJ shares the blame, but his tackles blocked exactly no one which makes it tough.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If he was injured in week 18, do you think one more week would've just magically healed him?! I'm confused here.

No, i mean...the league was robbed of a good matchup because Lawrence got injured late in the season.  Caused the Jaguars to completely fall out of contention and there was no way he was going to be able to compete in the playoffs.  It was just...Game Over watching him crumple like that on MNF.  The End.

Healthy Lawrence though...i guess we'll have to wait for next year to see what that looks like against a pretty soft competitor in the playoffs.

I feel like this is making more excuses for CJ than just the obvious answer of...he got overwhelmed by the moment and overwhelmed by the matchup.

Lawrence rises above that, but no...he spent the last couple months of the season injured so we got this matchup instead.  And it turned out to be a total dud in the second half as the Ravens ran away with it and CJ didn't have any answers.

What makes you believe Lawrence of all people rises above that, vs that Defense? Honestly curious?

• Like 2

I love the dumping on Stroud takes bc it’s a rite of passage. but don’t be offended Texans fans! 

Your QB just unlocked the next tier of fan criticism. The better you get, the wilder the critiques get but they always there.

Lamar has won two MVPs and we still destroy him. 

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

Coaching staff called a very conservative game, not like the previous game. CJ shares the blame, but his tackles blocked exactly no one which makes it tough.

I mean, that's true too.  The Texans just fundamentally are not a good team.

CJ carried them over the line ahead of the Jaguars...where they only took the lead once Lawrence got injured.  I think the Jaguars with a healthy Lawrence are a far tougher matchup.  Far from a perfect team, but they've got more going on than just a good QB.  They also have some scattered talent throughout.  Unlike the Texans who really just have...CJ Stroud.  That's about it.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What makes you believe Lawrence of all people rises above that, vs that Defense? Honestly curious?

He's done it before.

And as much as the Jaguars defense was on/off hit or miss...they had serious impact potential when they decided to show up.  That's more than enough to think it would've been a better matchup for me.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I love the dumping on Stroud takes bc it’s a rite of passage. but don’t be offended Texans fans! 

Your QB just unlocked the next tier of fan criticism. The better you get, the wilder the critiques get but they always there.

Its also the reality of playing in the AFC

15 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

This is why the Jaguars should've been there.

Not that they're a perfect team, far from it...but they would've at least given 'em a run.  Lawrence would've at least let it fly for better or worse.

But no, he had to get all banged up to finish the season and watch them fall out of the #1 seed they were cruising to, and out of the playoffs altogether to let the Texans slop in.

nobody want to see the Jags in the playoffs lol

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

He's done it before.

And as much as the Jaguars defense was on/off hit or miss...they had serious impact potential when they decided to show up.  That's more than enough to think it would've been a better matchup for me.

He's picked apart and won in the playoffs vs a Historically Great Defense? That is what the 2023 Ravens Defense is, Historic!

When was this?

Edited by Nabbs4u

I mean, that's true too.  The Texans just fundamentally are not a good team.

CJ carried them over the line ahead of the Jaguars...where they only took the lead once Lawrence got injured.  I think the Jaguars with a healthy Lawrence are a far tougher matchup.  Far from a perfect team, but they've got more going on than just a good QB.  They also have some scattered talent throughout.  Unlike the Texans who really just have...CJ Stroud.  That's about it.

LOL...?